BNY Mellon Careers
IM EMEA - Business Development Executive, Germany
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world’s largest investment managers. We believe that the right results begin by being relevant to every client whether that’s; access the way they want it, diversifying strategies, reassurance, or quality insights for better informed decisions.
That’s why we have designed a model that is truly built around investor’s needs - bringing together world-class investment managers with best of breed talent and unique cultures to deliver investment outcomes. This is combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management – connecting investors with opportunities across every major asset class in more than 100 markets and 35 countries.
Today, we have eight investment management firms in our stable: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
BNY Mellon Investment Management is part of the BNY Mellon group (the corporate brand of The Bank Of New York Mellon).
To provide assistance to the Distribution effort in all aspects related to the development of sales activities in Germany whilst doing work with BNY Mellon IM EMEA departments in London and the local Sales team in Germany. Deliver world-class communications to all fund buying or distributing IM EMEA clients. To maximize retention of assets.
• Interact with clients and business partners; handling highly confidential relationships and associated materials
• Maintenance of client relationship database, including updating of client preferences and pro-active data cleansing. (Maintaining and updating Engage)
• Management of mailing lists, including sending of information in conjunction with the team
• Provide support to the Country Head and member of the sales team
• Filing, including client related filing and handling of legal agreements
• Where appropriate, support of other personnel when required (such as holidays or sickness)
• Co-ordination and support of road shows, client events and conferences
• Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department.
• Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
• Notify management and/or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach.
• Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
• Maximise retention of assets through regular communication with clients including fund updates, market developments, fund performance and client investments.
• Work with and co-ordinate internal resources to ensure production of materials for service and retention purposes are in line with demand and consistent across markets.
• Prepare bespoke presentations for meetings, conference calls, pitches.
• Update senior management on opportunities and assets at risk where required.
• Identify and communicate client requirements and ensure process shortfalls are acted upon quickly and effectively.
• Maintain client segmentation and product alignment plans and database locally.
Identify areas for process- and client service improvements on an ongoing basis.
• Enhancing Organizational Talent
• Embracing Change
Job Specific Competencies:
• Fluency in English and the language of the region covered are essential
• Team player
• Building and leveraging internal relationships
• Client knowledge and understanding
• Solving problems and creating solutions
• Executing the sales process
• Demonstrating our shared values with clients and co-workers
• Apply IM EMEA standards of ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ in all client dealings
• Project management
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level):
• Qualification in business with some marketing knowledge an advantage preferred
• Business standard German and English
• Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially PowerPoint and Acrobat Reader and Writer
• Thorough knowledge of BNY Mellon’s Financial products
• Excellent knowledge of asset management industry
• Ongoing knowledge of industry issues, developments and opportunities
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers):
Degree level education preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51581
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1911933