As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have the most reliable, nimble, and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is a leading-edge, industry first PaaS/IaaS fully integrated solution combined with enterprise standards for developers.
We are building our next-generation, scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest technology. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are seeking a Lead Engineer for our BNYM's ADC/DDI (Application Delivery Control DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) Engineering team. We are responsible for all Load Balancer and DDI design, configuration, and tier 3 support for this service within BNYM globally. You will be responsible for working closely with all teams utilizing these services and automating both environments to create a more efficient, flexible and stable service within BNYM.
Key Responsibilities• Lead and manage a team of seven engineers. • Project management.
• Design, implement, test & tune Application Delivery and server load balancing solutions for critical, internet facing applications.
• Provide technical direction and guidance for Application Delivery and server load balancing.• Assess and apply future Application Delivery technologies. • Partner and empower implementation and operational teams
• Provide escalated tier 3 operational support for web application firewall and application delivery controllers - products F5 LTM, GTM, & ASM, AppViewX, Infoblox•Willingness to work after hours and weekends as needed.
Group Manager, Infrastructure Engineering->> Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Directs systems management and integration functions. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze complex infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Tailors standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Directs the processes for ensuring that all systems/applications/software/hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on finding solutions to infrastructure problems. Provides input into the selection of vendors to assist with systems administration or application issues. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Strategizes on how to take these needs into account when developing infrastructure. Oversees the development and monitoring of project plans and budgets. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or multiple infrastructure engineering teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and tier-3 support of Application Delivery and server load balancing experience with F5, AVI Networks, A10, & Nginx
- Experience in designing, implementing, and supporting Web Application Firewall Experience with DevOps - Python, Ansible, Java, Expect, Ruby, Perl, TCL Experience with Soap and REST API
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience with routed protocols and packet analysis
- Experience with SSL/TLS cryptography required
- Experience with DNS domains and designs
- Experience with web services (Tomcat/Apache, IIS) desired.
- Experience with Infoblox
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45306
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1912015