For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
We are delivering an integrated set of solutions for highly complex financial issues. Our expertise and infrastructure make us critical to the evolving global markets. Strength, stability, and safety are at our core. We are investing wisely for the future to bolster growth, improve returns and deepen client relationships. We always strive to provide a consistent high-quality experience and aim to deliver consistent performance for every client, every time, every day.
As a Lead Developer, you will participate in the design of scalable, high performing and robust applications. You’ll learn the tools and languages as needed, and represent the software in design and code reviews with senior staff. You will improve our software delivery capabilities via automation and repeatability. You will develop subject matter expertise in one or more functional areas and act as a subject matter expert within the team and for a broader audience. You will help the tech leadership team shape best practices for developing, sharing and continuously improving our software platform. You’ll Develop code that meets the organizational goals for scalability, resiliency and interoperability with other services. You will coordinate with internal and external technology teams as needed for end to end service delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Designs and codes programs, and creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs.
· Prepares the final and detailed versions of system modification requirements, ensures turnovers are done on time and correctly.
· Interfaces with architects to design, code, test and implement application programs.
Lead Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in situations of moderate complexity. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope, working with basic application system designs and specifications, utilizing BNY Mellon's standard development methodology, procedures and techniques. Designs and codes programs, and creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs. Prepares the final and detailed versions of system modification requirements, ensures turnovers are done on time and correctly. Interfaces with architects to design, code, test and implement application programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Four to six (4-6) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Should have thorough knowledge of the software development cycle.
- Proven contributions in software projects, in any modern software development platform including Java, C# or Python, but strong preference given to Ruby and Ruby on Rails experience.
- Active participation in open source community with contributions to one or more projects, with code available for inspection.
- Knowledge of the principles of test driven development and agile software development process.
- Knowledge of orchestration of microservices in an elastic container-based cloud environment a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45115
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Office of CIO-HR18027
Requisition Number: 1912085