BNY Mellon Careers
Grace Hopper Cybersecurity Analysts (Lead Information Security Analyst)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
We are delivering an integrated set of solutions for highly complex financial issues. Our expertise and infrastructure make us critical to the evolving global markets. Strength, stability, and safety are at our core. We are investing wisely for the future to bolster growth, improve returns and deepen client relationships. We always strive to provide a consistent high-quality experience and aim to deliver consistent performance for every client, every time, every day.
The successful candidate will be part of a high performance Cyber Security team within the Information Security Division of BNY Mellon. The Cyber Security team is responsible for providing threat detection, analytics and visualization to the Information Security and other functional groups within BNY Mellon with goal of detecting and preventing adversarial attacks.
Key responsibilities include:
· Responsible for understanding the Cyber Security Landscape and applying innovative solutions to address threats using analytics.
· Responsible for identifying Treat Detection Use cases in modern workload ecosystem and implementing the techniques to surface these threats.
· Build analytics that can be applied to the discovery and tracking of advanced adversaries.
Lead Information Security Analyst->> Contributes to the effectiveness of security-related operations. Provides programming support and assists in project planning for an operational area in information security. Assists in daily oversight of a security sub-component. Initiates projects intended to improve operations, client satisfaction with operational support, and development of appropriate standards and procedures for assigned operational area. Participates in evaluation, testing and implementation of emerging control technologies, information systems security issues, safeguards, and techniques applicable to assigned operations area. Presents proposed security enhancements to management for approval, funding and implementation. Reviews and analyzes data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations, Produces reports, analyses, findings, etc. Screens and selects tools to automate security administration. Schedules and evaluates vendor security software through testing and discussions with external business users. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
· Four to six (4-6) years of experience in information security or related technology experience is required.
· Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Demonstrated experience in out of the box thinking and implementation of innovative threat detection techniques using Splunk and/or other platforms.
· Experience in working with cross functional teams to collaborate and socialize threat detection techniques and results.
· Solid understanding of MITRE and/or similar threat frameworks.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45096
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Office of CIO-HR18027
Requisition Number: 1912091