For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
We are delivering an integrated set of solutions for highly complex financial issues. Our expertise and infrastructure make us critical to the evolving global markets. Strength, stability, and safety are at our core. We are investing wisely for the future to bolster growth, improve returns and deepen client relationships. We always strive to provide a consistent high-quality experience and aim to deliver consistent performance for every client, every time, every day.
In this position, the candidate will work with key internal clients to provide broad user experience strategy, and design innovative, engaging and effective digital experiences. To be considered, a candidate should possess the ability to think strategically, create vision and communicate such vision effectively.
Key responsibilities include:
· Work with business and technology stakeholders at strategic and tactical levels to design the user experience for various initiatives across multiple channels.
· Understanding business and user needs, setting up UX roadmaps and planning, performing UX design tasks at the individual level, and coordinating cross-functional teams of UX Designers, Visual Designers and Front-end Developers to deliver tangible outcomes.
Lead User Experience Analyst->> Performs moderately complex user experience activities that include user research and testing, interactive design, and visual design. Conducts user research, usability testing, surveys, interviews, work studies, and heuristic evaluations. Summarizes and creates reports of findings. Creates concepts, information architecture, user interface designs, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and specifications. Participates in the implementation of visual styles that support platform branding to increase user effectiveness. Contributes to the product definition and evaluation process utilizing multiple sources of information (field work, interviews, internet, intranet, market data/literature), interprets user feedback and insights to improve the user experience. Creates and updates user interface and visual design guidelines and standards. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
· Bachelor's degree in psychology, user experience, design, human computer interaction or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
· Four to six (4-6) years of experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Knowledge of the User Experience Design process.
· Comprehensive experience in designing highly transactional websites and web-based applications.
· Experience designing for mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, responsive design).
· Experience using web analytics, user insights to inform design decisions.
· Hands-on design skills from wireframes to finished UX prototypes.
Bachelor's degree in psychology, user experience, design, human computer interaction or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 4-6 years of experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45109
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Office of CIO-HR18027
Requisition Number: 1912093