For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $50 billion.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of over $31 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets)
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets)
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums.
What we are doing
BNY Mellon recently announced the launch of a newly formed global digital team, led by Roman Regelman, a former BCG partner who drove a number of large scale digital transformations for global financial services clients. The Digital team drives BNY Mellon’s core digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digital future, investing in digital client and internal capabilities, including data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.
The Digital team focuses on maximizing investments in our digital capabilities to drive significant improvements in business performance and the client and employee experience. The team is accelerating the bank’s innovation strategy, developing more cross-functional integration and mining best practices to integrate across businesses, regions, front line relationship managers, innovation centers.
As a member of the Core Digitization team, part of the Digital Office, you will partner with business leaders to structure and create digital solutions for the organization's largest opportunities to improve business performance and the client and employee experience. Initiatives will often focus on:
- Streamlining and automating existing enterprise operations
- Delivering measurable impact to the organization by clarifying/creating target-state models while creating and pursuing tactical solutions
- Optimizing the use of existing digital assets (e.g., data sources, innovation centers, robotics)
- Coordinate with experts in digital solutions (e.g., artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics and blockchain), fintech and partnerships, and data specialists to accelerate the banks use of digital assets and best practices across the bank
- Assist in driving cultural change by ensuring initiatives are leveraging agile techniques, design thinking, and prototyping to quickly improve.
QualificationsBachelors degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. MBA or other Advanced degree preferred. 10-12 years of related experience preferred. Experience in management consulting and/or technology strategy preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70194
Organization: Digital Horizon-HR18009
Requisition Number: 1912186