Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Responsible for the day to day administration of people actions within established policy and program guidelines. Work independently on standardized/recurring assignments and under the direction of senior staff on complex projects and analyses
• Respond to enquiries from employees/managers received through the MyHR portal and manage case work arising from these accordingly
• Support business lines with general enquiries and staffing issues, advising on policy, legislation and processes.
• Manage employee relations matters in accordance with company policies and legislative requirements including supporting disciplinaries, grievances, sickness absences and performance improvement processes. Lead and supporting investigations as required.
• Support HR Advisors and business lines on complex ER issues, TUPE projects and redundancies, managing aligned processes as required.
• Administration of long term sickness/disability cases liaising with relevant Communities of Expertise (COEs) and external parties as required.
• Undertake other general employee relations matters as required
• Support HR Advisors with any compensation planning processes
• Assist with internal transfers and employee relocation matters as required.
• Provide support to HR Advisors and Directors in respect of corporate Initiatives as required.
• Participate in and support project work undertaken by the HR Advisory team to educate clients and improve on the delivery of caseload
• Support HR projects as required locally, regionally or globally.
• Good knowledge of UK Irish & Continental European employment legislation
• Proven experience of handling employee relations matters and managing own caseloads
• Ability to:
o work across networks to build value, acceptance and support
o quickly understand the business and cultural environment, building rapport and credibility with clients
o positively influence business managers
o provide appropriate advice and counsel to internal clients in line with company policies and local employment legislation
o provide coaching and guidance on employee related matters to clients
o play an active role in supporting change, undertaking facilitation of small-scale change implementation
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks in a pressurised environment
• Confidence in building a logical approach to resolve problems by drawing on own knowledge and experience, seeking advice and guidance from ER and HR colleagues across the group to continually develop knowledge and skill
• High attention to detail & accuracy
• Be able to
o actively seek information to understand client circumstances, problems, expectations and needs
o consider how actions or plans will affect clients and respond quickly to meet client needs and resolve problems
o work collaboratively with others, sharing best practices and knowledge
o take accountability for actions and ownership to get things done
o actively demonstrate ability to address and resolve business queries and matters efficiently and on a timely basis
o work collaboratively as part of a team, whilst also being self-driven and motivated
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: Human Resources
Internal Jobcode: 33517
Organization: HR EMEA APAC LATAM-HR08684
Requisition Number: 1912209