BNY Mellon Careers
Vice President, Business Development Manager - Taipei (SICE)
BNY Mellon Investment Management, which is the umbrella name for all the investment management subsidiaries and affiliates within BNY Mellon, currently has a presence in 6 countries in Asia Pacific, namely Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Japan, Korea and Australia. The company also targets and services clients and distribution channels in other Asia Pacific countries (e.g. China, Taiwan). BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world’s largest investment managers. We believe that the right results begin by being relevant to every client whether that’s; access the way they want it, diversifying strategies, reassurance, or quality insights for better informed decisions.
That’s why we have designed a model that is truly built around investor’s needs - bringing together world-class investment managers with best of breed talent and unique cultures to deliver investment outcomes. This is combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management – connecting investors with opportunities across every major asset class in more than 100 markets and 35 countries.
Today, we have eight investment management firms in our stable: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise. BNY Mellon Investment Management is part of the BNY Mellon group (the corporate brand of BNY Mellon).
Based in Taipei, our new SICE entity under Investment Management, the incumbent is expected to:
- Develop relationships with major market players at the institutional and intermediary level in Taiwan
- Assist business setup and maintenance of BNY Mellon Securities Investment Consulting Co. Ltd. in Taiwan
- Improve the awareness and presence of the business in Taiwan market
- Be the point of contact for Taiwan based intermediary client service requirements, understand client needs
- Analyze the competitive landscape in Taiwan alongside product management to ensure intelligence data is correct and product development efforts are focused
- Establish and maintain client relationship strategy including market and regulatory changes impacting the respective Chinese clients
- Collaboration with risk & compliance and keep up to date a deep understanding of the regulatory framework
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required
- Make a positive contribution to BNY Mellon Investment Management’s culture, values and approach
- Degree in business/marketing, finance, economics or related disciplines
- Master degree related to business/marketing preferred
- Minimum 7 years and above of relevant experience
- Prior exposure to Taiwan intermediary investors
- Direct investment management experience is preferred; frequent travel expected
- Having other educational background or working qualifications which are sufficient to demonstrate his/her possession of professional knowledge of securities and finance, operational experience, and leadership
- Fluent in Mandarin and English required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Taiwan-Taipei-Taipei
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 52017
Organization: IM APAC-HR11404
Requisition Number: 1912328