BNY Mellon Investment Management:
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world’s largest investment managers. We believe that the right results begin by being relevant to every client whether that’s; access the way they want it, diversifying strategies, reassurance, or quality insights for better informed decisions.
That’s why we have designed a model that is truly built around investor’s needs - bringing together world-class investment managers with best of breed talent and unique cultures to deliver investment outcomes. This is combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management – connecting investors with opportunities across every major asset class in more than 100 markets and 35 countries.
Today, we have eight investment management firms in our stable: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
BNY Mellon Investment Management is part of the BNY Mellon group (the corporate brand of The Bank Of New York Mellon).
The role will be responsible for designing and implementing a third party vendor management framework within the EMEA distribution business, with the objective of extending the framework across Global Distribution.
As an area of increasing strategic focus, the growth in scale and complexity of vendor engagements across the business, with a particular emphasis on technology, requires dedicated management of the vendor engagement and relationship management activities. Working with the business to drive commercial discussions with vendors and the BNYM Third Party Governance function; working with Asset Management technology to deliver technology solutions; and support ongoing vendor relationships with consistency. The provision of outstanding customer service to key stakeholders across the business is a vital component to the success of the role delivering to a high standard with a keen focus on technology and risk management.
A number of high priority issues require immediate attention:
(1) Definition and implementation of vendor management lifecycle aligned with the wider corporate expectations;
(2) Implementation of robust governance and oversight of all vendor arrangements; and
(3) Business and corporate function stakeholder management and engagement.
Vendor Management Framework
· Establish and maintain the framework of processes, policies, systems and activities required for the end to end management of vendor relationships across the business.
· Adoption of vendor management best practices.
· Triage of procurement process issues and blockers.
· Identify and enhance synergies across the Global Distribution business.
· Execution of vendor contracts (MSAs, SoWs) brokering terms between vendor and business
· Working with Third Party Governance function and legal ensuring management of risk and definition of SLAs to support ongoing reporting and oversight.
· Vendor on-boarding.
Vendor Relationship Management
· Relationship management of vendors, ensuring compliance with the contract and SLA and the wider corporate guidelines for vendor management.
· Maintain a repository of third party vendor contracts.
Reporting and Oversight
· · Establish a working group for vendor governance and oversight globally, including but not limited to: vendor usage/cost/trend, performance against agreed SLAs and other commercial metrics and risk measures.
· ·· Vendor performance management, addressing any shortcomings identified.
· Initiate projects to revise policies and plans, as needed, and work closely with BNYM Third Party Governance, legal and compliance to ensure compliance with regulatory changes.
· Continuously monitor the regulatory landscape and market environment for opportunities for improvement.
· Interact with senior stakeholders up to executive level to assist with the development and implementation of wider Global Distribution management initiatives.
· Deals confidently with conflict, able to maintain strong professional relationships whilst resolving difficult problems.
· Ability to “think on the fly” and adapt solutions to meet urgent requirements should they arise.
· Be self-confident and robust and establish credibility with key stakeholders across the business.
· The job holder will implement and oversee a robust control framework across the EMEA distribution business, with the objective to extend across Global Distribution.
· Help to embed a strong governance culture, that issues are escalated and cascaded appropriately and that key risks are identified, discussed and mitigated.
· Develop a good understanding of the wider corporate governance framework, including escalation requirements.
· Ensure there is clear, appropriate and evidenced apportionment of responsibilities within the business to meet the overall vendor management objective.
Generic Staff Responsibilities
· Comply with all BNY Mellon corporate policies and procedures, including HR policies and procedures, applicable to BNY Mellon
· Alert management including the Head of Risk and Compliance BNY Mellon Asset Management and / or the Chief Compliance & Risk Officer, Investment Management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness.
· Notify management and/or the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and Head of International Compliance immediately on discovery of any material regulatory breach.
· Comply with all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
· Client Drive
· Efficient Decision Making
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 32107
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1912418