BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Group Manager, Project/Program Management - OCIO
The Office of the CIO is focused on driving, executing, and optimizing the business of technology, and moving toward a stable, resilient, and efficient organization. The PMO Lead will lead portfolio governance, planning and financial management routines with support from Business Managers and Senior Analysts. As a trusted business partner to technology executives, the PMO Lead will be responsible for developing methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and exceed the demands of a robust technology portfolio. Clear, concise, and accurate executive reporting along with the ability to think strategically and drive change are essential in this role.
Sr.Group Manager, Project/Program Management->> Manages large or multiple teams of project managers who are the primary contact for clients and groups within the organization for medium to large scale projects. The team is responsible for end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of medium scale to large scale projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Acts as a subject matter expert and provides guidance on complex technical issues. Proactively manages multiple teams of project managers. Leads status meetings for major projects and facilitates risk mitigation and resolution of more complex issues. Directs recruitment efforts and manages and develops teams to maximize their collective contributions. Motivates lower level managers to maximize their contributions and encourage professional growth. Manages multiple project management teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
- Portfolio governance, planning and financial management routines
- Partner with technology executives to drive program and project execution
- Influence key programs and risks to drive towards client benefits
- Provide and prepare executive summary of portfolio activity for executive committee (EC) and board level presentations.
- Ensure routines and structures are in place and maintained, with deliverables tracked, within a substantially large portfolio of technology investments, and key programs consisting of a significant slate of ongoing projects (500+)
- Prepare and deliver status reports
- Identify key program/project performance indicators
- Identify key leading and lagging risk factors
- Ensure compliance to all policies and procedures
- Monitor all IT programs for program performance and perform regular corporate audits
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong program and project financial management and routines, and the ability to transform toward targeted state goals.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and practices
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management
- Solid understanding of Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience in finance/banking industry
- Prepare and deliver updates on key initiative to executive technology leadership
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes
- Project delivery expert
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, and sound judgment
- Ability to build strong productive partnerships across functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Advanced degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 10 + years of related project management experience required, experience with technology and/or the financial services industry is a plus. Prior experience managing projects of 10+ team members required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45323
Organization: Office of CIO-HR18027
Requisition Number: 1912430