BNY Mellon Careers
Alcentra - Product Management Vice-President
Alcentra is a leading, global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade credit with assets under management of $36 billion.
We employ over 145 people, including more than 70 investment professionals. The firm has an investment track record commencing in 2002 in traditional and alternative investment strategies that include US and European Senior Loans, Direct Lending and Mezzanine Debt, High Yield Bonds, Special Situations/Distressed Debt, Structured Credit, and Multi-Strategy Credit.
Our investors include leading global pension funds, insurance companies, government institutions, sovereign wealth funds, banks, and high net worth individuals. Alcentra is majority owned by BNY Mellon Corporation and headquartered in London, with offices in New York, and Boston and local presence in San Francisco, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Please visit our website at www.alcentra.com for more information.
The Product Management Vice President will play a key role supporting Alcentra’s growth and evolution by working closely with Sales, Investor Relations, Portfolio Management/Research, and Operations teams.
The candidate will be a key resource for Alcentra’s investment strategies and products to contribute to critical aspects of marketing/fund-raising, performance reporting, and investor requests across a range of globally offered co-mingled funds, private debt funds, hedge funds, UCIT funds, and customized separate accounts.
The position reports to the Global Co-Heads of Product Management.
• Build and maintain client marketing materials e.g. presentations, due diligence questionnaires, and tailored proposals;
• Serve as a knowledge resource with respect to Alcentra’s investment strategies, markets, products,
• Preparation and delivery of investor Request for Proposals (RFPs);
• Oversee the production and distribution of monthly and quarterly reporting and communications for funds and separately managed accounts;
• Develop fund performance analytics, asset class analysis, and competitive product analysis/
• Update qualitative and quantitative fund and firm information held in investment consultant databases and datarooms;
• Partner with Investor Relations to develop timely, robust, and properly positioned responses to investors including ongoing due diligence questionnaires, account reviews, and periodic performance updates.
• Experience in Finance background;
• Bachelor's degree in finance or finance-related field, or alternative qualifiers and/or CFA or CAIA;
• Significant appreciation of the Asset Management field; experience in sub-investment grade credit strategies, senior loans and high yield bonds a significant plus:
• High degree of proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint required; fluency with portfolio risk/return concepts and experience with Zephyr/eVestment or similar applications desirable;
• Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills;
• Strong interpersonal abilities and attention to detail;
• Flexible, teammate able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines in a collaborative, inspiring environment.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51661
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1912485