Client Services are the primary point of contact for all Global Custody Clients regarding their day-to-day operational queries.
Client Services represent the front line of the Bank. This is a busy and demanding environment with high values and large volumes of transactions requiring good concentration and organizational skills.
Middle Market Client relationships will be assigned to a Client Service Analyst or the Client Service Analyst will assist a Senior Client Service Analyst on GFI & Regional clients.
The Client Service Analyst interacts with the operational departments, team leader and Account Managers to resolve problems and more importantly proactively identify potential issues.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day operational support to Investment Managers (IMs) and Clients ensuring their requirements are met professionally and expediently.
- Develop and improve your IM or Client relationships including taking proactive ownership of all operational issues.
- Monitoring of internal risk management controls including failed transactions and overdrawn balances and ensuring that the checklist is completed daily.
- Maintain accurate desktop procedures, KYC documentation and standing instructions for an assigned group of IMs or Clients and ensure the operational group is aware of and comply with these procedures
- Ensure all IM or Client queries are logged, monitored and closed on the appropriate system, providing appropriate client communication until resolution and management reporting on over standard queries where required.
- Interface with other internal departments (including the Operational team, Global Custody, Treasury, Securities Lending and Corporate Actions) to ensure timely resolution of cross-departmental issues.
In addition to the core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability, and Managing Risk, the associate should show an aptitude for:
- Client Focus
Work Quality/Attention to Detail
Initiative/Sense of Urgency
Problem solving/ Crisis Management
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level):
Proven knowledge of Global Custody markets and products.
Excellent organizational skills, with accurate manipulation, analysis & checking of figure work.
Experience of using Microsoft Office products, in particular manipulating Excel spreadsheets. Utilising advanced functions would be desirable.
Able to work individually or in a team to achieve a common goal.
Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
Able to deal appropriately with many tasks simultaneously.
Able to communicate at all levels, both orally and in writing.
Quick to develop new skills and a pro-active approach to learning and training.
Experience with the core custody systems.
- English Fluency.
- Other language skills is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70106
Organization: Custody Client Service-HR09095
Requisition Number: 1912601