Alcentra is one of BNY Mellon Investment Management’s specialists, and they focus their skills on the sub-investment grade debt capital markets in Europe and the U.S. Their objective is to deliver strong, risk-adjusted returns that are less correlated, through a complementary suite of traditional and alternative credit strategies. In pursuing this objective, their investment strategy and approach to credit selection are based on intensive fundamental research and credit analysis, combined with active portfolio management to minimize credit losses. Alcentra is part of BNY Mellon Investment Management, one of the world's largest investment managers.
BNY Mellon Investment Management:
At BNY Mellon Investment Management, we believe the right results begin with being relevant to every client, whether it is engaging with them to create solutions, offering diversified strategies or providing insights for better-informed decisions.
That is why we designed a model built around investors’ needs to offer the best of both worlds: world-class investment firms with best-of-breed talent and unique cultures combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management. We connect investors with opportunities across every major asset class, globally. Today, we have eight investment firms, one of which is Alcentra.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
This role offers the successful candidate the rare opportunity to join an incredibly well-regarded and top performing investment firm, working with a dynamic group of people who are experts in their field. This is an opportunity to be part of the firm’s continued growth and be an instrumental part of the firm’s ongoing success.
The Analyst will be responsible for assisting more senior investment professionals and Portfolio Manager in sourcing, reviewing and recommending investments in the Middle Market Leveraged Loans space. In this role, the Analyst will perform intensive fundamental credit analysis along with formulating and effectively communicating investment recommendations that will add value to the Team in making successful investments.
Our expectation is that people will bring:
• Client Drive
• Efficient Decision Making
Experience and qualifications required:
• Exposure within a leading private debt / direct lending firm or Leverage Finance team in Tier-1 Investment Bank.
• Solid quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, attention to detail and strong excel modelling skills, with relevant exposure to utilisation within credit analysis.
• Educated from leading University or Business School Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal), or equivalent qualifiers.
• Proven interpersonal skills with ability to work with autonomy and demonstrate initiative and a sense of personal accountability, whilst remaining a team player and contributing in a cooperative and entrepreneurial environment.
• A proven ability to work in a small and collaborative team.
• Strong understanding of financial statements and accounting.
• Unimpeachable integrity and an uncompromised reputation.
• Language Skills (Spanish / Italian / Danish / Norwegian / French / German) advantageous but not essential.
Alcentra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Alcentra welcome applications from LGBT+ people.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51656
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1912736