As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have the most reliable, nimble, and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is a leading-edge, industry first PaaS/IaaS fully integrated solution combined with enterprise standards for developers.
We are building our next-generation, scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest technology. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
As part of TSG, our Production Services team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Their mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.
The Duty Manager Lead (and assigned team based on respective shift) will provide indirect management oversite and direct services for 27 Operational teams supporting our global infrastructure in the areas of Operations, Storage, Database and Information Security to ensure operational stability. Each Operational team monitors all significant incident, problem or change activities. The team managers and service owners within the Operational teams and Duty Management team each have a dotted line reporting structure into each other across the BNY Mellon Global Corporation.
There are four phases of responsibility for the Duty Manager.
-The Incident phase is where the
Duty Manager monitors all events facilitated by the major incident management
team takes place. The Duty Manager will
provide guidance on escalation, priority and if necessary, prioritization of
multiple incidents and will engage the group or service owner as necessary. -Within the Change Management phase, the Duty Manager will monitor all changes
that have been marked significant and confirm they are progressing as expected
and completed efficiently.
-For Emergency Changes, the Duty Manager will participate in the decisions to move forward or delay action.
-And finally Problem Management, the Duty Manager will provide recommendations for the process to mitigate any future risks
- Responsible for the daily processes executed by each of the Operational production support organizations.
- Act as primary point of contact for all incident escalations, across TSG and key business operations areas.
- Monitor P1/P2 incidents for engagement, impact assessment, progress and escalation.
- Monitor scheduled changes to ensure unexpected developments are properly addressed, high risk change status is updated in a timely fashion and change/incident correlation is performed.
- Lead operations status calls at beginning and end of day.
Sr.Group Manager, Infrastructure Operations->> Manages multiple teams and oversees complex infrastructure projects, often global in scope. Oversees the requirements, planning, organizing, and implementation of enterprise-wide technology infrastructure. Develops, maintains, and implements the procedures and the execution covering all configuration issues in a full software lifecycle.Develops and implements strategic processes for implementation and maintenance activities for computer system software and configurations. Contributes to developing strategy for implementing and integrating middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides senior-level consulting in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a senior-level resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Implements projects consistent with long-term IT plans. Assists with the coordination of activities with other IT unit heads. Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within Infrastructure Operations. Evaluates current methods and strategies, and implements changes and improvements. Reports results to the Sr. Group Manager.Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple infrastructure operations teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10+ years of experience in infrastructure operations required with related supervisory, management and administrative experience, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Eight or more (8+) years of experience managing a technical infrastructure operations team in a large scale financial services organization (banking brokerage industry experience is preferred).
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following infrastructure disciplines is required: Windows, UNIX, Network, Middleware, etc.
- Accreditation in ITIL Foundations and/or Kepner Trego Problem Management (or comparable).
- Technical incident management (including crisis management) experience including driving large scale priority escalations.
- Ability to discern and react to incidents with a sense of urgency and ability to manage time sensitive situations.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong professional presence and ability to assimilate technical information and then communicate to key Senior Managers in a non-technical manner.
- Advanced decision making and conflict resolution skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45329
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Production Services-HR17024
Requisition Number: 1912751