As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively. As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats.
Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security).
Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank’s executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
As an Information Security Analyst part of our Vulnerability Management team, you will consult and provide professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. You'll be responsible for supporting the technical analysis, design, consulting, and product review of security components.
You must have significant experience with multiple vulnerability scanning technologies and packages, including a lead role in identifying new tools and techniques. You'll evaluate and assess existing technical issues by researching and identifying innovative solutions to broad and complex information security challenges. You are responsible for managing components of various projects to completion, consulting with various corporate teams, both within the IT and business environments, to derive information security solutions.Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with vulnerability remediation governance on a senior level for the organization
- Provide guidance to application and system owners on vulnerability remediation requirements
- Conduct attack surface research and coordinate with application/system owners and other Cyber Operations teams in response to relevant threat intelligence information
- Execute ad-hoc/priority tracking enterprise vulnerability scanning activities across the organization
- Provide reporting to executive management on outstanding vulnerabilities and remediation tasks as needed
- Provide external audit evidence/support and assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes
- Lead a subset of project/process improvement initiatives on the Vulnerability Management team
- Other duties as assigned or requested
Specialist Information Security Analyst->> Maintains the effectiveness of enterprise-wide information security strategy including related programs, processes and initiatives. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Assists in the development, implementation and enforcement of corporate-wide security policies, procedures and standards. Assists in consulting with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies and appropriate security architectures, practices and procedures. Reviews and analyzes more complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations produces advanced reports, analyses, findings, etc. Works closely with IT infrastructure and software engineering applications development to ensure integrity of security procedures, systems, and policies. Works with developers to ensure proper completion of all risk assessments within policy and procedures. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience utilizing enterprise Vulnerability Scanning/Management solutions
- Experience administering enterprise systems
- Experience utilizing Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions
- Any of the following certifications are a plus: GIAC GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GMON, GCWN, GCUX GPEN, CISSP, OSCP
- Familiarity with application containerization and associated architecture is a plus
- Experience using SQL to perform data queries/analysis is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45126
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1912856