The Corporate Staff (CS) aligned EMEA Recruitment Manager will be responsible for the overall recruitment strategy and delivery coupled with recruiting against Senior / Mid level positions within designated client areas. S/he will manage an experienced recruiting team with recruiting oversight for all CS Recruitment across regional locations whilst acting as the Lead Recruiter for European Bank from a Legal entity perspective
The EMEA CS Recruitment Manager will also have direct oversight of EMEA HR Recruitment strategy and delivery.
- Work closely with Head of Recruitment for EMEA to drive strategic direction, best practices, Corporate Talent Strategy initiatives and overall recruiting effectiveness for experienced-level and college/university recruitment.
- Manage and lead team supporting overall recruitment life cycle focused on increasing branding awareness, continue to reduce agency reliance alongside sourcing efforts, effective utilisation of recruitment investments, improving candidate experience, quality of hire and providing focus on diversity recruiting efforts.
- Reinforce and ensure team adheres to recruiting and staffing compliance guidelines, processes and procedures
- Enhancing Hiring Manager competencies and ability to offer recruitment services, this includes providing global competency based interviewing technique training
- Stay abreast of market trends affecting business as well as broader employment trends affecting the recruitment function, current employment legislation, policies ensuring that recruiters and line managers are effectively briefed on any relevant changes
- Must have gained progressive, related Recruitment experience across different teams, ideally with some experience of supervising / managing others.
Ideally have business knowledge consistent with being able to administer actions on behalf of the CS
- Knowledge of competitors (may have high regional focus) and implications for business. Must be able to identify people implications of function actions
- Knowledge of EMEA Recruitment nuances across multiple jurisdictions
- Experienced Manager of managers; knowledge, communication, business and change management skills of a high level. Represents the HR function on business related issues such as conferences, M&A activities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Human Resources is invested in helping BNY Mellon achieve business success by building a winning, high-performance culture that stems from great talent, leadership, learning and diversity; and partnering with employees to provide the tools and resources necessary to support successful career growth and help ensure employees' wellbeing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Human Resources
Internal Jobcode: 32705
Organization: HR Recruiting-HR16444
Requisition Number: 1913003