At BNY Mellon, our supplier diversity program (SDP) is a critically important element to our business and culture. The SDP has been in existence for decades, it is currently undergoing changes to align with company objectives. As our world, our business and client mix changes, it is increasingly important that our employees have access to the best and brightest diverse business community to support our growth and that we support the local communities in which we operate by creating relationships with these suppliers and key advocacy organizations. Our SDP aligns closely with our internal Diversity & Inclusion culture, Global Supply Chain Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, Workplace Excellence, and many other core business lines and business partner functions. Supplier Diversity is key to our ongoing innovation, our role in economic development, our culture & reputation, and creating a positive and efficient environment for all stakeholders.
Important responsibilities of the Supplier Diversity Manager include:
- Organize, plan, host and participate in BNYM supplier diversity related events
- Support to promote the SDP internally and externally and represent BNY Mellon at external events
- Assist to maintain close, effective and cooperative business relationships with professional and special interest associations and various affirmative action groups (Councils and Chambers of Commerce)
- Maintain, develop, analyze, and improve supplier diversity related data sources & directories
- Assist with preparing accurate and informative responses to internal and external inquiries about the SDP
- Actively collect and distill feedback from stakeholders on the performance and improvement of the SDP
- Seek and develop opportunities for process and cost efficiencies
- Evaluate qualifications of potential suppliers and match with strategic needs and sourcing requirements; invite new potential suppliers to participate in the sourcing process
- Engage Global Supply Chain Management staff and existing prime suppliers; maintain awareness of upcoming sourcing needs
- Support required recordkeeping for specific contracts and indirect diverse spend across the organization
- Respond to email inquiries related to the SDP and growing the network of certified diverse suppliers
- Assist to develop and execute action plans for various initiatives and annual outreach calendar
- Assess, monitor, document and report on program metrics (diverse supplier spend, etc.) for continuous improvement
- As needed, coordination with and support of the Global Head of Supplier Diversity on additional responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred
- 3-5 year related experience in Supplier Diversity preferred
- Language Skills English
- Experience with change management and cross functional integration
- Passion for diversity and entrepreneurship and an understanding of the economic impact
- Must be able to communication effectively across LOB/functional units
- Ability to plan, organize, implement trade fairs and product exhibits involving many suppliers and visitors, including the ability to direct and/or coordinate the efforts of others to the same end.
- Ability to deal effectively with program promotion in an atmosphere of competing/complex priorities
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks under and outside of your control
- Ability to persuade and convincingly express and support a position
- Ability to exercise strong judgmental, intellectual, cognitive and self-management skills. Must have strong team player orientation, initiative and work independently, as well as take direction from a supervisor
- Preferred to have prior experience and knowledge of supplier diversity, overall supply chain, procurement practices, policies and procedures.
- Prior experience in financial services a plus
- High customer service orientation is desired
- Preferred experience with global Corporate Social Responsibility issues and their impact on a financial services company
- Preferred experience with buy-green/sustainability and identifying opportunities with diverse suppliers
- Must be able to manage and execute projects and have strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, Project, and Internet Explorer) and Outlook.
- Business and finance acumen
- Ability to utilize system tools and reports to collect, arrange and analyze information in a useful and understandable wayMust be willing to travel at least 10% to support the annual SDP outreach calendar
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85244
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 1913028