Client Onboarding/Transitions/Conversions - M1
The Contract Management team is a new team within Markets Operations, responsible for contract facilitation and document management functions including, but not limited to, contract acquisition, facilitation of contract execution, drafting contracts, contract scanning, client and document data capture, contract upload and fund reconciliation, query management and associated controls of such activities, supporting the Markets business. The team partners closely with internal stakeholders including Legal, Credit, Transition and Sales.
The successful candidate will:
• Take a lead role in establishing and building out the team along with developing and implementing the target operating model and vision for the Contract Management team
• Provide leadership and oversee staff responsible for Contract Management, serving as an escalation point for complex issues
• Drive change within the org and be an advocate for driving technology and workflow change
• Develop and establish methodologies, protocols and processes to facilitate and improve contract management functions and the overall client onboarding experience where applicable
• Manage the contract lifecycle including onboarding, maintenance and off boarding of clients and associated contracts
• Act as a lead engagement manager for strategic projects and help to ensure team is on track to meet milestones and deliverables and provide expertise and guidance to team members involved in such projects as necessary
• Direct and oversee efforts relating to contract facilitation and document management from internal and external clients across the business
• Implement control practices to minimize the information and operational risks inherent in the sending, receiving and digitizing of contracts
• Ensure that client requests are responded to in a timely fashion and in a thorough manner
• Contribute to the development of the team’s standard operating procedures and controls, including implementation and facilitation of approvals, and development of playbooks as necessary
• Ensure activities meet all compliance, legal and regulatory requirements
• May facilitate legal negotiation or document review
• Manage relations with vendors and monitor vendor contract fulfillment. Participates in vendor contract negotiation
• Recruit, direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contributions, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced degree preferred. 4-5+ years of total work experience and at least 0-1 years of management experience preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business. Contract Administration, Client Onboarding, Financial Services, and Legal Experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70083
Organization: Markets Operations-HR11984
Requisition Number: 1913050