Role: Senior Analyst Developer
Reports to: Investment Technology Manager
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients’ futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton’s parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £47.3bn assets under management (as at 31 March 2019), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM.
What’s on Offer:
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work offer a number of benefits like a 12% pension contribution, flexible working hours and opportunities to progress. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work. Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a commitment to diversity.
This role is an exciting opportunity to lead the solution design and delivery of Newton’s key front office investment platform.
In this business-facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You’ll need work well in a team but also be a leader and an instigator. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
This a great role for an experienced technical lead looking to take the next step up in their career.
• Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration
• Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy
• Develop and motivate a small dynamic agile delivery team
• Research emerging technologies, processes and best practices
Job Specific Competencies:
People (team-working/collaboration skills):
• Manage relationships with developers and digital teams across the business to ensure close working practices and productive processes
• Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business
• Experience of coaching and empowering individuals
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence):
• Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
• Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to evangelise to others
Results (the ability to be proactive and take action):
• Get hands-on, providing technical direction and/or problem solving to support the team
• Support scrum master to facilitate smooth sprint working, and identify improvements to scrum practice
• Ensure all third-party development conforms to organisation best-practice and quality standards
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level):
• Minimum of three years of experience in Java, Spring Boot, RESTful APIs and databases (relational and other)
• At least one year experience with Python, ideally Panda/Flask/Django
• Up-to-date knowledge of software development methodologies, web architecture and toolsets
• Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers):
• Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred
How to Apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed, and you’re looking to develop a career within an award winning investment management firm, please submit your CV via our Careers site.
Newton Investment Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Newton welcome applications from LGBT+ people.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51575
Requisition Number: 1913069