As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.Our Team
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have the most reliable, nimble, and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place.
As part of TSG, our Production Services team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Their mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.The Role
The Senior Oracle (Exadata) DBA primary responsibility is to ensure availability, stability, scalability and performance of database servers that supports BNY Mellon’s Digital Platform and Applications.Key Responsibilities Include:
- Works with firm-wide engineering and architecture, and business/AD architects to drive solution standardization and reuse for Data Management Infrastructure Operations.
- Provide secure, highly available, scalable database services that improve overall resiliency, functionality, and enable operational management optimization.
- Troubleshoot new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed database technology, and deliver large scale systems that will have an impact on revenue growth on our business and competitive position.
- Provide Oracle Exadata database administration handling database provisioning, patching, upgrade of all associated Exadata components including Clusterware, Storage cells, Infiniband switches and database instances
- Strong experience with patching of Exadata components in rolling and non-rolling methods
- Monitoring of Exadata appliance and Oracle database instances with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Configuration, failover and failback using Oracle Data guard for business continuity and Disaster Recovery requirements
- Key Management for Oracle DB encryption, understanding and experience using Oracle TDE for encryption at rest providing data protection
- Strong experience with migrating database servers from standalone instances to Oracle multi-tenancy in Oracle 12c and beyond
- Implemented automation of operational tasks using Shell scripts/Perl/Python
- Provide incident management, deployment management and business continuity requirements of database servers
- Knowledge on ZDLRA and well versed with performing backups on ZDLRA
- Should have strong knowledge of Database backup & Recovery practices adheres to organizational security standards.
- Implementation of adequate levels of auditing & reviewing database audit logs
- Well versed with installation and management of layered products on Oracle engineered systems
- Proven track record for vulnerability remediation
- Knowledge on products like Gaurdium , Qualys & Orion
Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12)
years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Exadata machine administration and associated database administration experience.
- Experience with Exadata X6, X7, X8 and ZDLRA appliances is preferable.
- Minimum of two (2) years of strong experience with Oracle Data Guard ensuring continued availability of standby database environment. Knowledge of Oracle MAA.
- Advanced knowledge of IT infrastructure, with an understanding of UNIX/LINUX Operating systems, Storage and network administration.
- Experience supporting and implementing advanced, strategic database management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to drive Agile development and implement automated process to improve database system reliability.
- Proven ability to provide high availability, operations supportability and scalability to a high volume, rapidly growing world class eCommerce business.
- Direct experience in working within the database administration teams for large-scale enterprise that are highly scalable and reliable.
- Technical acumen in implementation and support of the core database services that are highly reliable, flexible, scalable and cost effective.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45196
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1913095