The Supervisor supports the Derivative Valuations group by playing an pivotal role in the well-functioning of the team:
- Direct and regularly spot check the daily processing of OTC assets, manual price input and price exception validation review for a variety of Derivative clients. Ensure this process is robust and efficient.
- Risk mitigation is a key responsibility, the supervisor is expected to review and investigate valuation breaks.
- Monitor daily processes ensuring staff complete as per agreed guidelines and procedures. Ensure outstanding issues are followed up on a regular basis and kept to a minimum.
- Maintain accurate MIS details ensuring statistics are updated on a daily basis confirming volumes, timeliness and accuracy details.
- Provide training on the theoretical/technical nature of all OTC securities to staff members.
- The Supervisor is responsible for the integrity of the security master data on the OTC database, review and sign-off the master records completed by the analysts.
- Support the take on of new business into the team for existing client serviced and new business.
Under direct guidance, works with internal and external datasets and client reference data and provides analysis in the development of statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analysing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts.
- Provides analytical support and prepares drafts of standard and ad hoc reports for assigned area.
- With general guidance, supports assigned areas with basic statistical and quantitative analyses.
- Performs or oversees data management activities in support of more senior quantitative colleagues.
- Runs models, looks for exceptions, takes corrective action.
- Has some knowledge of technology tools used to conduct analyses conduct analyses.
- Has some knowledge of processes and products and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation.
- Interprets findings and prepares initial drafts of standard reports.
- Assists more senior team members with the preparation of ad-hoc reports at the request of managers and/or other leaders.
- Is beginning to review reporting and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues. No direct reports.
- Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work.
- Work contributes to the achievement of team goals.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred:
- Engineering / Data Analytics
- 3-5 years experience preferred.
- Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred but not essential.
What we are looking for from the ideal candidate:
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Dependability, flexibility and the ability to lead by example.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
- Excel skills including VBA is desirable.
- Prior experience within the OTC pricing space is desirable.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70127
Organization: Middle Office & Derivative Ops-HR12084
Requisition Number: 1913280