As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have the most reliable, nimble, and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is a leading-edge, industry first PaaS/IaaS fully integrated solution combined with enterprise standards for developers.
We are building our next-generation, scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest technology. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.The Role
We are looking for a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure/VDI Engineer to join our Digital Experience Platform Architecture Team. You will be a key member of the team responsible for the design and delivery of the virtual desktop platform for our large enterprise. We are a fast-paced environment that is leveraging all of the latest technologies to deliver a new modern desktop workspace for our users. A strong understanding of VDI and end user desktop computing are a must with knowledge of how the modern workspace is evolving to the Microsoft Cloud a plus.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide engineering leadership and subject matter expertise in the evaluation, development, and documentation of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Assist in the development of requirements, design specifications, and security considerations for the VDI solution
- Assist in the assessment of the current state of VDI and recommendations for the architecture/design
- Build and maintain product and service standards for VDI capabilities that align with technology strategies
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as they pertain to desktop virtualization. Participate in special projects as required
- Work closely with other infrastructure engineering teams to meet program goals and implementation schedules
- Lead the definition of the direction and strategy for VDI design to ensure the operational needs are being addressed against aggressive schedules
Principal Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Serves as subject matter expert in leading the design and development of the most complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads complex analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large and multifaceted infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides expert input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Is an expert on current industry trends and emerging technologies. Analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of Infrastructure Engineering objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- 5-7 years in a VDI engineering role
- Experience as a Lead VDI Systems Engineer or Chief Engineer on a Large-Scale Mission Critical System of Systems Development and Integration Program.
- Expert level knowledge of VDI and supporting technologies required for the delivery of virtual desktop services
- Broad knowledge of data and infrastructure technologies such as storage, virtualization, and directory services
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks and methods
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, schedule and execute assignments
- Strong analytical skills, with strong problem-solving capability
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to lead moderately complex initiatives and solutions
- Technical certifications a plus – VMware VCP, Citrix CCP, Citrix CCE, Microsoft MCSA, Cloud computing
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments such as MS Azure
- Experience developing process/control changes by identifying gaps/issues/areas for improvement; and writing improved processes
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45199
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1913299