CAAG Partnership Accounting (Complex Accounting and Administration Group; part of the AIS) is a dedicated fund administration group with key intellectual knowledge and understanding of fund industry that delivers service hedge funds, which include: partner allocations, Investor level fee calculations, reconciliation with FA records, supporting Investor Services team
• Prepare and review reconciliations between different fund accounting systems
• Highlight any potential NAV impacting positions to your Supervisor/ Manager and understand the impact that these have on the production of the final NAV
• Account for hedge fund/alternative investment partnerships and share based entities
• Allocate partnership income/expenses (including new issues, side pockets, side letters etc.)
• Read fund and legal documents in order to accurately and appropriately process transactions and/or calculate various fees/allocations.
• Compute and account for management and incentive fees (including tiers and hurdles)
• Compute NAV and investor level NAV estimates
• Compute various rates of return
• Prepare or review withholding statements, capital roll forwards and investor statements as needed
• Partner with other groups within BNY Mellon to deliver a superior client experience
• Assist with training peer staff with supervisor of a team
• Participate in other ad-hoc projects or tasks as assigned
• Ensure familiarity with and proficiency on all systems required for completion of derivative reconciliations
• Develop an understanding of all the technical functions and processes in the team
• Ensure BNY Mellon and client standard procedures and controls are being adhered to on a daily basis
• Communicate any significant operational issues that arise to the Supervisor in a timely fashion
QualificationsWe are looking for candidates who have:
• Fluency in English
• An interest in a career in financial services
• Third level qualification in business related discipline (Finance or similar field will be an advantage, however we equally welcome graduates of all degrees)
• Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Organisational, inter-personal, verbal & written communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Initiative and enthusiasm with an ability to achieve challenging goals
• Proactively manage and organise workflow on a daily basis
• PC literacy, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
• Requisite experience in the fund administration business with previous exposure to derivative instruments
What we offer apart from BNYM packages:
• Working hours: 9:00 - 17:00
• Work & Life Balance
• Extensive training package on financial markets, systems, tax reporting requirements in all involved countries.
• Working in an international environment, both within the Poland team, as well as in other teams.
• Familiarize with corporate culture
• Working and learning from professionals Our offer for you: • Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
• Mentoring and job shadowing programs
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects and engagement groups (mountain trips, football team etc.)
• Language training course
• Onsite kindergarten
• Employee Referral Program
• Health Promotion: Wellbeing and Innovation Centre, Wellbeing programs
What is more:
• Full time contract of employment
• Competitive salary
• Health & Life Insurance
• Private medical care
• Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
• Pension scheme
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: PCSD50
Organization: Asset Servicing-HR06026
Requisition Number: 1913321