The Recovery and Resolution Planning team within the Asset Liability Management group of Corporate Treasury is responsible for financial projections to support the development and ongoing maintenance of annual Recovery and Resolution Plans (RRPs) to meet regulatory requirements. The team is also responsible for the periodic forecasting of resolution related capital and liquidity metrics for distribution to senior management and regulators. The team develops reporting and crafts messaging for resolution metrics, the Asset Liability Committee and Fixed Income Committee presentations for distribution to senior management and regulators. This analyst position is primarily focused on the development and production of financial projections.
Primary expectations of the role of the Senior Financial Analyst include:
· Assist senior team members to achieve regulatory deliverables: including helping to produce financial projections for inclusion in annual RRPs, and contribution to drafting narrative for the plans as requested
· Assist with production of periodic forecast of financial metrics in a timely and accurate manner
· Assist with efforts to identify and develop enhancements to forecasting capabilities
· Assist in the calibration and refinement of forecasting assumptions and methodologies
· Help to calculate resolution trigger metrics in the event of actual stressed circumstances
- Work to foster professional, mutually supportive relationships with other groups within Corporate Treasury and Finance
Qualified candidates will exhibit the following:
· Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Degree in math, engineering, statistics, computational finance or economics preferred
· 0-3 years’ experience preferred; experience with financial services firms preferred
· Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
· Ability and willingness to develop familiarity with resolution plan regulatory guidance
Ability to analyze large quantities of financial data, formulate conclusions and communicate these persuasively
Additional/preferred skillsets include:
· Knowledge/experience with accounting, Treasury, liquidity management or regulatory capital
· Quantitative Risk Management (QRM), SQL or other programming language
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and from a broad view point
- Strong oral and written communication skills (technical writing or financial writing)
- Effective time and process management skills
- Comfort with (or ability to develop comfort with) a fast paced and frequently changing environment
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85275
Organization: Corporate Treasury-HR06004
Requisition Number: 1913388