BNY Mellon aims to offer a comprehensive solution that meets a range of trading, hedging and payment needs. We are as nimble and dynamic as a start-up, but we’re backed by the experience and trust of a 200-year-old bank. Our FX team offer a range of products to include Spots, Swaps / Forwards, Options and Non – Deliverable Forwards.
We are looking to hire a Vice President, Legal Counsel to support the FX / Derivatives business.
- As an experienced attorney your will provide legal counsel to the Markets team with a specific focus on FX / Derivatives and the Corporate Treasury team.
- Negotiate and review legal documentation (including ISDAs and CSAs, NAFMII, liquidity arrangements & etc,), review netting and collateral opinions; advise on regulatory issues and provide support to a broad range of matters and other projects
- Contributes as part of a larger team, and work collaboratively with team members to advise a business or functional area.
- Viewed as a trusted internal resource capable of using knowledge of BNY Mellon's businesses, products, services and/or strategies to articulate and advance legal positions
- Conduct legal research and investigation, and crafts legal solutions, balancing internal and external stakeholder interests, with the risks of adverse legal actions, revenue loss or reputational damage to the entity
- Identify legal and regulatory risks and make recommendations to mitigate and/or eliminate such risks.
- May seek guidance from senior colleagues to ensure solutions align to global legal strategies
- Communicates and collaborates with stakeholders who also serve in an advisory or oversight capacity, such as Risk, Compliance, Audit, etc. and develops the Legal response/ position for issues identified as risks or areas of non-compliance
- Work closely with outside counsel
- Communicates timeline and deliverable expectations; serves as a liaison for information requests
- Advances knowledge through participation in external industry or professional events
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 6 years’ PQE, specializing in Derivatives, ideally FX
- Ability to read and write in Chinese is essential
- Ideally you will have some in house experience. We are open to considering lawyers with secondment experience
- Financial services experience is required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: China-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1913571