TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers. TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are looking for a DB2 Systems Analyst to join our DB2and IMS Systems team. DB2 and IMS Systems is the TSG group responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining DB2, IMS and related software products. The group is responsible for over 60 DB2 subsystems; 10 IMS subsystems; productivity tools; performance and monitoring tools; and database utilities. While the group’s primary focus is on the mainframe, we have responsibility for multiple clients that connect to the mainframe from Linux, UNIX and Windows.
• Install/configure/upgrade DB2 (V12 implementation a plus) and related software products. This includes middleware. products that may have both mainframe and distributed components. • Troubleshoot DB2 subsystem problems. • Customize software to meet user needs. • Communication, scheduling and coordination for changes. • Initiate and participate in Proofs of Concept for new technologies. • Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises. • Work after normal business hours and on weekends to perform software upgrades. • Support multiple projects/upgrades/initiatives simultaneously. • Be available to provide 24X7 coverage and support and respond to calls for assistance in a timely manner.
Sr. Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches and recommends the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. Identifies and solves complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Provides input into platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Assists with complex issues in the installation, support, troubleshooting, and repair of data center equipment. Implements, integrates and provides full support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine middleware platform selection, efficient transaction design, use and recovery procedures in line with business requirements. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Works with vendors to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Strong Mainframe Systems Programming background, including SMPE.
- Senior level knowledge of DB2 and DB2 Data Sharing.
- Experience working with vendors to resolve software issues.
- Installation and Maintenance of DB2 Program Product Installations (with creating Implementation and Backout Plans)
- Ability to provide coverage for DB2 and Product installations and the many mainframe initiatives.
- Strong Knowledge in Rexx Programming
- DB2 Connect on LUW Skills are huge pluses.
- Experience with installing and supporting QREP/CDC/IDAA are huge pluses.
- Experience with Performance/Monitoring products and performance tuning is a plus
- Able to communicate effectively with application programmers and dba’s.
- Troubleshoot DB2 subsystem problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Ability to work on multiple projects
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45170
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1913669