A highly experienced attorney with strong leadership and organization awareness.
Serves as the in-house legal counsel and may sit on various internal committees.
Manages outside law firms and may represent the company in legal proceedings/negotiations.
Provides legal advice to top management and the business units.
Provide legal advice on proposals or anticipated actions.
Reviews and makes recommendations on proposed contracts.
Prepares pertinent internal legal reports.
Participates in the development of methods to attain goals and obtain grants within legal guidelines.
Manages other attorneys/legal personnel (if applicable).
- Acts as subject area expert. Makes significant contribution to guiding the business on Legal matters.
- Develops and maintains specific subject area expertise and advises business management and relevant internal parties.
- Has regular contact among peers within the company and externally, including regulators and professional organizations.
- Typically manages a specific sub unit or specialised function OR legal expert without management responsibilities viewed as a key advisor on significant business / product decisions.
- Bachelor, Master's Degree or Professional Qualification is essential
- The ideal Lawyer will have a minimum of 12 - 14 years' PQE
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Korea, Republic of-Seoul-Yeongdeungpo-gu
Internal Jobcode: 85116
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1913794