Title: Newton - CRM Administrator
Reports to: Head of eCommerce & Client Reporting
Newton Investment Management is one of BNY Mellon Investment Management’s specialists, and they are a London-based global investment house with expertise in a range of disciplines, including global, regional and emerging-market equities, multi-asset strategies, absolute return investing and global bonds. A global, thematic approach to investment helps them achieve long-term perspective on global financial markets and economies, and identify areas of long-term risk and opportunity. Their belief is that responsible investment is better investment for clients and they consider ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues in relation to every company in which they invest. Newton is part of BNY Mellon Investment Management, one of the world's largest investment managers.
What’s on Offer?
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work offer a number of benefits like a 12% pension contribution, flexible working hours and opportunities to progress. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work. Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a commitment to diversity.
BNY Mellon Investment Management:
At BNY Mellon Investment Management, we believe the right results begin with being relevant to every client, whether it is engaging with them to create solutions, offering diversified strategies or providing insights for better-informed decisions.
That is why we designed a model built around investors’ needs to offer the best of both worlds: world-class investment firms with best-of-breed talent and unique cultures combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management. We connect investors with opportunities across every major asset class, globally. Today, we have eight investment firms, one of which is Newton Investment Management.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
Newton utilises Salesforce as its core system in its CRM model. The CRM platform is widely used by the whole organisation and is a key strategic solution for Newton’s business growth. This role provides an important support function to the business and is involved in setting the strategic direction for future enhancements.
The CRM Administrator is responsible for providing business support to Newton’s CRM business users and senior management. The main objectives of the role are to assist the business in ensuring that the CRM tool is fully utilised by the relevant business teams, liaising with key stakeholders to identify and prioritise improvements in functionality and integration with other systems, working closely with the Technology team to deliver enhancements, monitoring data quality, working closely with Newton’s data governance function, and producing regular MI for senior management. Additionally the CRM Administrator is responsible for providing training and guidance on processes, as well as representing the CRM function on projects.
• Champion use of CRM system internally and advise on best practice.
• Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders within Newton and develop a good understanding of our business strategy to ensure the CRM system supports this and to inform the platform roadmap.
• Work with key stakeholders across the Commercial area to prioritise development and functionality enhancements in line with our business strategy. Work with the Technology teams to coordinate user testing, roll out and training for all changes.
• Provide day-to-day support to the business users, as required, to assist them in maintaining and managing their data. Work with the Technology team to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Develop and analyse MI reports and dashboards, providing regular updates on usage and key insights to senior management.
• Act as data steward to maintain the integrity of the system and its integration with our data standards and processes, liaising with Newton’s data governance team as appropriate. Ensure data quality through monitoring, improvements and system maintenance.
• Undertake regular housekeeping activities to ensure the integrity of the data and maintenance of the system.
• Provide training for all CRM users and maintain process documents for Salesforce which can be referenced by each team in their desk procedures. Manage user access requests and licensing requirements.
• Identify tasks which can be undertaken by our offshore team and coordinate transfer/training.
• Keep up-to-date with new Salesforce releases and changes.
• Work with legal, information risk and compliance to ensure that the appropriate risk management procedures and controls are in place and working effectively.
• Act as Secretary for the CRM User Group and Salesforce account meetings.
• Coordinate all communications relating to CRM across the business.
• Build good working relationships with the BNYM Asset Management Salesforce team and the other boutiques using Salesforce.
Experience and qualifications required:
• Experience in managing CRM systems and data; Salesforce experience essential. Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience of Jira and Confluence desirable.
• Good working knowledge of CRM best practice, CRM related data requirements and governance, and MI analysis/reporting.
• Good understanding of institutional investment management, particularly the sales cycle. Previous experience in investment management essential.
• Highly numerate, strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent attention to detail.
• Highly organised and efficient, able to work effectively under pressure and to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to express complex technical concepts in a simple manner. Ability to communicate across functions and with colleagues of varying seniority.
• Good team player with strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 53679
Requisition Number: 1913807