Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT) within CMIST builds high-performance and resilient clearance and collateral management platforms to service BNY Mellon’s broker-dealer clients and is the sole provider for Government Securities Clearing Services. The group is currently focused on Repo Modernization, which will pave the way to the Future of Collateral for the business – providing strengthened platform resiliency and new trade capabilities within a unified system. All CCT applications are built for real-time operations aided by a data warehouse for reporting and business insights.
- Build our data pipelines and data collection architecture across different functions.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements for data delivery and data warehousing to allow for higher scalability.
- Assemble complex and large datasets
- Build analytics tools that leverage the data pipeline to provide actionable insights will be key for you to contribute on to transform our organization.
Sr. Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide highly advanced application software development services or technical support. Consults to IT and business managers on issues, questions and problems related to his/her area of expertise. Accountable for resolving highly complex problems that have impact on the corporation's ability to conduct business. Uses in-depth knowledge of various technologies to establish and influence implementation of broad-based technology strategy for large IT Divisions. Stays abreast of emerging technologies and identifies potential use of new and existing technology within lines of business by participating in industry-wide conferences and research and by using in-depth knowledge of various business areas. Educates business leaders and prepares presentations for the business on IT strategies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of Application Development objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 12+ years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- BS degree (Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering). MS / PhD preferred.
- 5+ years overall experience in building data pipelines and data lakes.
- Strong CS fundamentals, core Java and SQL, and problem-solving skills are required
- Solid experience in Big Data technologies like Spark, Hadoop and Kafka.
- Experience building distributed high-performance, high-availability systems with data-streaming capabilities.
- Hands-on experience around compute and storage in any one of the public cloud platforms such as Google Cloud, AWS, Azure is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a strong agile environment is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45220
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1913891