GFA - Technology Project/Program Manager, fluent in Portuguese
Global Accounting and Transfer Agency Technology is a global team supporting the rapidly growing Global Accounting and Transfer Agency businesses. BNY Mellon is one of the world’s largest Fund Accountants. GFA has been undergoing a period of operational transformation and is now bringing to market a number of new digital capabilities. Further, the organization is executing a number of business-critical initiatives in the Brazil market. The Technology Program Manager will oversee all LATAM Accounting and Transfer Agency programs and will work closely with stakeholders in Brazil. Fluency in Brazilian Portuguese is a must. This is a high profile role within a highly ambitious and motivated global team of technology professionals.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Accounting and Transfer Agency Technology Transformation, will be based in New York and be fluent in Brazilian Portuguese.
· Manage delivery of a large complex strategic initiative crossing multiple disciplines, businesses, and/or organizations
· Accountable for the ultimate success of the program and continued alignment with the business strategy
· Responsible for stakeholder management particularly those external to the organization
· Manage multiple related sub-projects and, in many cases, ongoing operations which are directed toward a common objective
· Collaborate with constituent project managers, project leads, development leads and/or Scrum Masters to monitor plans, cost, schedule and technical performance of component projects and operations
· Work with business stakeholders to ensure priorities and requirements are identified and fit for purpose
· Responsible for the overall program communication (facilitating steering committees, regular program ceremonies, communicating with all levels of the organization including executive management)
· Hands-on management of program risks and escalations
· All team members within the program take direction from the Program Manager for the duration of the project
Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end-to-end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees. Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program. Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders). Manages Program Office Resources. May have formal management responsibility for Program Team members. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
Must be fluent in Brazilian Portuguese
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP®), or Scrum Alliance Scrum Master (CSM) or Product Owner (CSPO) certifications are beneficial.
10- 12 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
Experience delivering 3rd party Fund Accounting or Custody platforms
Effective communication, consensus building and conflict management across all levels in the organization
Holistic thinker with the ability execute on business strategy combined with attention to details
- Prior experience managing strategic cross-organizational projects and planning and tracking multiple complex projects or programs required.
Experience managing vendors and contracts as components of a program.
Experience in working with global technology and operations teams
- Experience of managing multiple geographically dispersed teams
5+ years’ experience with Agile/Scrum.
5+ years large project [>$4m] / transformation delivery experience
Experienced in the use of Jira, Confluence, MS Project and Excel for tracking complex programs
Advantages to have
Experience in Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency or Custody
- Experience of managing technology teams, applications and architecture
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45190
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing & Eagle Tech-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1913922