Founded 80 years ago and renowned by professionals across all key segments of the financial markets, BNY Mellon’s Pershing is the behind-the-scenes dominator of trade execution, clearing, custody, and a broad spectrum of the critical technology and businessprocess products and services that power Wall Street and financial enterprises around the world. We serve broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, wealth managers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers, family offices, and individual investors with innovative financial solutions that help our clients and their investors build their businesses and their financial lives on a secure and resilient foundation. We enable our clients to adapt with agility to market demands and evolving regulatory requirements, and to drive dynamic growth and transformational digital experiences across the value chain. From our core brokerage business, we have evolved into multifaceted global firm that leads our industry in providing forward-thinking investment solutions, technology-driven efficiencies, practice insight and management, and overall service excellence. As a BNY Mellon company, we are a key part of the oldest bank in the United States, “The Investments Company to the World,” and continue to build on a 230-year history of trust and excellence in investment management, investment services, and wealth management to help institutions and individuals succeed in markets all over the world.
Sr. Specialist, Product Manager->> Leads and provides direction on product development and marketing processes for multiple large products. Liaises with cross-functional teams to provide products that address client needs. Leads sessions on the design and development of product marketing strategies for multiple large products. Leads cross-functional sessions with teams such as Development and Marketing. Ensures project is on time and to budget. Is highly familiar with product competitors, consumer trends, and market status. May act as the primary point of contact for small products. Responsible for analyzing, defining, and challenging the product's business case based on team and industry reports. Prioritizes product requirements and further investigates product feasibility. Determines project responsibilities and scope. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Primary role will be representing our firm digital strategy and acting as a technology SME on digital technology solutions for firms, advisors, investors, and home office users. This associate will interact with C-Level executives, Investment Professionals, Operations, Compliance, Sales Support and Technology staff of firms. The role will be focused on supporting technology client engagement activities for new business development efforts, engaging with existing strategic clients, internal and external communication efforts, marketing and press related efforts.
Bachelor's degree in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Client Engagement Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Pershing Global Client Relationship and Business Development teams as technology sme to support pre-sales efforts, communication of Pershing’s digital technology strategy and value proposition, showcasing Pershing technology NetX suite of solutions for firm, advisor, investor and home office users, and representing all integrated third party content providers.
- Working with technology product teams to understand and then communicate overall technology strategy and integration strategies, customization possibilities.
- Responding to technology related questions in RFPs and supporting RFP related demonstrations.
- Developing client facing presentations, demo outlines and technology messaging
- Developing deeper partnerships with strategic top tier clients
- Representing voice of the customer to influence our technology product strategy and prioritization process through sharing feedback from strategic client meetings, exec councils, advisory boards, and conference participation.
- Communicating technology strategy and progress on roadmap deliverables via external webcasts, client hosted events and other marketing efforts.
- Participating in speaking engagements as a technology SME at Pershing, Industry and Broker Dealer/RIA conferences and events.
- Participating as a host and speaker at Advisory Boards and roundtables
- Interacting with market research analysts to participate in technology assessments and surveys
- Supporting marketing and press activities to raise awareness of our technology capabilities within the market and amongst our clients.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a focus on solution consulting
- Strong leadership presence
- Client engagement, relationship management and sales experience for technology solutions
- Financial Services, wealth management and industry knowledge
- Understanding of the various Broker Dealer and RIA business models and the specific needs of the advisor, investor and home office when it comes to operational efficiency and technology.
- External speaker experience at industry events, firm events
- Internal speaker expertise at leadership meetings, comfortable interacting with C-Level
- Some marketing and public relations experience
- Driver of execution, strong multi-task capabilities
- Team player, results oriented, reliable and accountable, strong work ethic
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45162
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1914124