Title: Product Tax Manager
Salary: A competitive package will be offered
Opening Date: 19th November 2019
Closing Date: 19th December 2019
BNY Mellon Investment Management:
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world’s largest investment firms. We believe the right results begin with being relevant to every client, whether it is engaging with them to create solutions, offering diversified strategies or providing insights for better-informed decisions.
That is why we designed a model built around investors’ needs to offer the best of both worlds: world-class investment firms with best-of-breed talent and unique cultures combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management. We connect investors with opportunities across every major asset class, globally.
Today, we have eight investment firms: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
Management of both existing and future operational tax matters covering Alcentra’s Fund ranges and associated legal entities in Guernsey, Luxembourg, UK, Jersey, the Netherlands and Cayman. These varied fund structures include a range of strategies including CLOs, multi-strategy, direct lending, special situations and structured credit.
• You must have had experience with alternative investments, hedges funds and private debt strategies and financial products. It’s critical you have the experience of advising on fund and group structuring in light of US tax reform and its impact on asset managers.
• You must be capable of liaising with local and international tax colleagues regarding US pertinent and non-US tax issues affecting mutual client base.
• Serve as a central point of contact across the structuring and operations teams to coordinate with and work alongside appointed tax advisors to support on all tax aspects of the business
• With the help of tax advisors where relevant, ensuring the business fulfils all of our compliance obligations for all relevant fund/investor jurisdictional taxes on an ongoing basis
• Work closely with tax advisors and the business to ensure that tax advice received is operationalised into the business and monitored on an ongoing basis
• Ensure operational delivery to ensure compliance with tax regulations & filings in all jurisdictions in conjunction with BNY Tax, Alcentra Ops and Product, and external tax advisors and administrators
• Complete relevant documentation where necessary – W8s, self cert
• Manage day to day work product delivery by appointed tax advisors
• In conjunction with BNY tax and Alcentra teams, ensure effective implementation of the group’s policies and procedures.
• Provides oversight and oversees implementation of changes to relevant regulations, working with various lines of business, administrators and service delivery teams.
Our expectation is that people will bring:
• Client Drive
• Efficient Decision Making
Experience and qualifications required:
• Must hold A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License from the US
• Must have experience of U.S./European fund and investor tax reporting in investment funds and investment companies of European and US alternative asset managers
• Must have at least 6 years’ experience of US tax within the alternative asset industry
• General familiarity with common tax issues affecting funds; e.g., FATCA/CRS, VAT, etc.
• Risk based decision making and initiative to solve or suggest solutions to operational tax matters
• Qualified accountant and/or qualified tax advisor, with strong relevant experience, preferably in the asset management industry
• Tax specialist with experience working in a tax department (either at a large accountancy firm or law firm, and/or in-house) – 6 years + experience
• Excellent communication skills – audience will be ranging both internally & externally up to COO/CEO level
• Expected to take responsibility for tasks
• Take responsibility and use initiative
BNY Mellon Investment Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BNY Mellon Investment Management welcome applications from LGBT+ people
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51527
Organization: IM Governance-HR14824
Requisition Number: 1914161