Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
This position in the BNY Mellon Legal Department will support and advise the firm’s Third Party Governance group to establish and maintain a robust governance program that complies with all applicable global regulations and the firm’s risk appetite. This includes keeping up to date on the latest regulatory developments in the fields of vendor management and third party governance, guiding the implementation of changes necessary to comply with regulatory changes, advising Line of Business attorneys in client contract negotiations, and assistance in preparations for discussions with and examinations by regulatory agencies.
The position will also be responsible for drafting and negotiating contracts with vendors and other third parties, focusing primarily on technology procurement such as software licensing and development, SaaS, cloud computing, and outsourcing, as well as strategic alliances and joint ventures with financial technology firms (either independently or in collaboration with the Legal Department’s M&A team). The position will advise management and other attorneys on contract and legal risk issues associated with third party relationships, and supervise outside counsel used to supplement in-house capabilities.
• Legal Degree and 7-10 years of experience in Legal practice focusing on negotiation of complex technology and outsourcing contracts, and strategic alliances. In-house experience at a financial institution is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory guidance on outsourcing and other third party relationships (e.g., EBA, OCC, HKMA)
• Knowledge of global privacy laws (e.g., GDPR, GLBA, CCPA) is a plus
• Proven ability to plan and drive projects to completion
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks to deliver timely, excellent work product in a pressurized environment.
• Ability to interact effectively with and guide clients and legal counsel.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to work both independently and as part of a global team
• Enthusiasm and interest in learning new areas and developing new skill sets.
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85116
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1914250