As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguarding nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you will have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest technology/business/financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have the most reliable, nimble, and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is a leading-edge, industry first PaaS/IaaS fully integrated solution combined with enterprise standards for developers.
building our next-generation, scalable, efficient data center as a service
using the latest technology. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY
Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with
the existing virtual computing environments.
As part of our Desktop Platform Architecture Team, we are seeking an Infrastructure Automation Developer / Architect. You will have a strong background on managing Windows platforms to join our Workplace Technology Platform Architecture Team. In this role, you will lead a development team leveraging a breadth of skillsets to develop tools and utilities to automate the build, provisioning, management and troubleshooting of physical and virtual desktop solutions. This includes developing and executing the long-term vision and architecture for automated desktop management including:
• CMDB integration
• OS Build and software delivery orchestration
• Software-defined VDI (IaaS and PaaS)
• Help Desk and Support tools for automated troubleshooting
• Configuration discovery, drift reporting and dashboard development
• Requirements gathering from stakeholders (ex. Support and Ops teams)
• Develop detailed architectural designs and visual plans
• Communicating deliverables, milestones, roadmap, etc.
• Work breakdown for the team
• Manage deliverables and providing leadership to developers and DBAs
• Manage SCRUM sprint sessions
• Tools training and handover to the users (i.e. system admins, desktop support teams, etc.)
• Data design
• Workflow automation design
• Conduct detailed code review to ensure corporate standards• Design and write development code as necessary
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Understanding of the SDLC lifecycle
Prior experience in an application development or infrastructure role a plus
The qualified candidate should have already been in a lead architectural role for Windows tooling and have 10+ years’ experience in large enterprise environments.
Demonstrated skills in system workflow and business process flow, analysis and design
Microsoft Visio and Powerpoint experience
Windows Platform Management (AD, SCCM, WMI, Event Logs, registry, etc.)
Data design, modeling and architecture
.Net development platform (C#, PowerShell, VB.NET)
VDI solutions (Hyper-V, VMWare, Citrix)
Strong task management skills
Excellent communication skills
Strong analytical skills
Effective interpersonal skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1914303