Fellow Architect, Appl Development->> Leads the research, design, and implementation of highly complex architectural tools. Leads research, development and implementation of highly complex, enterprise-wide architectural concepts, principles and tools. Assesses business viability of new technologies. Consults with other senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate current strategies. Establishes a cross-LOB business architecture practice, with an initial focus on aggregating information to drive enterprise-wide risk-based analyses related to the overall (cross-LOB) application portfolio. Prepares and delivers presentations to top-level management on new technology and its impact on the organization.Leads strategic direction of other architects throughout the enterprise. Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace. Uses expertise to develop innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs Contributes to the achievement of Application Development objectives
Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 15+ years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Drives and leads architecture strategy. Ensures the architectural consistency and alignment of technology solutions to business and technical roadmaps.
- Leads strategic direction of other architects throughout the enterprise.
- Provides thought leadership on emerging technologies and enterprise platform investments to senior leadership, architects and developers. Assesses business viability of new technologies. Consults with other senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate current strategies
- Leads research, development and implementation of highly complex, enterprise-wide architectural concepts, principles and tools.
- Champion an innovative mindset across Information Services
- Provide technical and strategic input during the project planning phase in the form of technical architectural designs and recommendations
- Identify implementation risks and potential impacts
- Provide internal client relationship management. Maintain overall accountability for results and client satisfaction.
- Must be knowledgeable in performance considerations for complex, distributed environments and aware of industry benchmarks for multiple technology environments.
- Minimum of fifteen years of experience in technology required. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- 5+ years of management experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies, Middleware, Micro-services, Web services, API’s, Application development platforms, High Availability designs and technologies
- Broad experience and solid theoretical foundation on architecture principals and execution.
- Strong synthesis and presentation skills. Ability to communicate results and recommendations to a wide variety of audiences
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45031
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Architecture and Data-HR16450
Requisition Number: 1914489