Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. As of Sept. 30, 2019, BNY Mellon had $35.8 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.9 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNY Mellon Communications
It is an exciting time to join BNY Mellon Communications. Under the leadership of a new Head of Communications, the team has embarked on a transformation to drive even stronger brand recognition, and increased client loyalty to drive organic growth. We are creating a world-class Communications organization, comprised of new strategies, people, processes and capabilities, integrated to deliver business results. Communications, Marketing and Corporate Strategy all report into the Bank’s head of Strategy, and have a close, collaborative partnership to develop and execute the Company’s top growth initiatives.
Role description and opportunities
A senior corporate communications role based in Singapore for a major US-based bank
- Develop an Integrated Communications plan (including media) to support the strategic objectives of the Investment Services business, including Asset Servicing, Issuer Services and Treasury Services, and key enterprise priorities, across Asia Pacific
- Focus on enhancing BNY Mellon’s corporate reputation and value proposition to meet business needs and support key regional priorities by, but not limited to:
- Advise businesses on best approach to profile BNY Mellon
- Work with business leaders in Asia Pacific to develop key messages and rich content for internal and external use including themes/topics for future stories in the media
- Improve and sustain contact and strong relationships with key local, regional/trade and international journalists
- Pitch for media interview opportunities and manage media events/ engagements
- Identify local news angles/ideas for conversion into media events, interviews and/or news release/ newsroom article/post
- Good understanding of social media and how it applies to brand and reputation
- Monitor media presence/visibility and communicate to internal stakeholders
- Working closely with other Communications team members around the world to ensure alignment of messages and coordination of media activities
- Manages executive communications for key stakeholders, including coordination of the approval and distribution processes
- Works closely with the Marketing teams in the region to ensure alignment of all key initiatives
- Establishes collaborative relationships with multiple business stakeholders and external partners to align activities to key strategic objectives
- Manages regional adherence to processes, policies and procedures related to incident and crisis communications. Influences necessary resources, collaborating with internal teams to understand issues, develop messaging, obtain approvals and distribute client-facing communications.
A successful candidate should ideally have these skills and qualifications
- Fluent in English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a high energy, high expectation, team-oriented global culture
- Ability to liaise with senior executives confidently and independently
- Attention to detail/ strong editing skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach
- Professionalism, sound judgment and good instincts
- Strong understanding of the full communications matrix – employee engagement, media relations, change management, and digital/social channels.
- A Team player.
QualificationsBachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of work experience required
12+ years of related experience preferred; experience in securities or financial services within a Communication capacity and good understanding of custody business preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Communications/Corp Affairs
Internal Jobcode: 09704
Organization: IS Other New-HR17164
Requisition Number: 1914493