The Collateral Management product suite meets the continuous requirements of major financial institutions and principle brokerage firms to improve their profit ratios.
The successful management of their collateral (securities or cash) to support this was a logical development within the securities industry.
The mission of Collateral Management is to handle the administration and collateralization for the Collateral product suite.
To position our services for the future and enhance the client experience we are looking for a Senior Specialist in Client Onboarding.
Primary purpose of the role:
The Client Onboarding Senior Specialist will work closely with all stakeholders (technology, product, risk, control, compliance, relationship management, and others) in the Collateral Management Business to envision and deliver the future of client service and experience – a programme known as Future of Collateral.
In achieving this aim the Specialist will provide detailed information, advice, and solutions particular to the Client Onboarding function, whilst consuming similar from the other teams with which they will collaborate. The target of these efforts, lead and coordinated by this role on Onboarding’s behalf, will be increased efficiency, reduced risk (all types), and a faster and better experience for our clients.
The Senior Specialist works closely with Product to develop this strategy and will ensure that risk, regulations, and market conditions are accounted for throughout the life cycle of developed products/services. In addition, analyses complex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more than one product. Must understand the economics behind products and demonstrate business acumen.
The successful applicant will have a strong aptitude for process, procedure, and technology and combine these with excellent communication skills to forge robust, automated and effective systems.
- Assists the development, enhancement, and roll out of the strategy for client onboarding. Manages relationship with Product, Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. to ensure different requirements are met during the new product/service development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning proce
- Engages with Product, Client Service Teams, Sales & relationship Management, Systems managers in supporting and rolling out the strategy to enhance the client experience.
- Assists with technical training, demonstration and develops user guides for clients, client services, RM, Sales when rolling out new services and managing the stakeholders during the transition.
No direct reports; provides guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed. May from time-to-time be delegated authority over team members to deliver specific items.
- Serves as the day-to-day CCM Client Onboarding escalation and problem resolution contact and client advocate between CCM, the CCM client base for the relevant CCM Collateral Management product consisting of some of the largest, most sophisticated and complex products (i.e. tri-party collateral and derivatives management etc.) and clients of CCM and BNY Mellon and other functional areas in order to ensure the attainment of all service requirements in accordance with agreed upon service standards, and CCM policies and procedures.
- Assists in assuring internal policies and procedures and external regulations, often across multiple countries, are adhered to by implementing controls/procedures along with acting as management back up in their absence. Provides training and development to more junior CCM Analysts. Acts as the first escalation point for analysts within one of the CCM collateral management client onboarding teams. Monitors procedure effectiveness, report deficiencies and recommend enhancement solutions. Conducts analyses and research for internal reports as required. Uses good judgement to mitigate risk.
- While not a "reports-to" manager, provides daily oversight and guidance to staff and input to the team manager on staff performance as it relates to the strategic project. Serves as a role model for company values. Becomes proficient in actual client onboarding functions and is able to assist – though not regularly.
- Is familiar with all aspects of at least one complex CCM Collateral Management product and be able to interact independently with Risk, Product Management, IT and Relationship Management etc. on Client Onboarding for the relevant product.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. MBA or CFA preferred.
7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Client Services, Operations, Client Management preferred. Strong technology acumen preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70102
Organization: Global Collateral Management-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1914499