At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank’s executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
About the position:
The job holder consults and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. S/he is responsible for supporting the technical analysis, design, consulting, and product review of security components. Job holder must have significant experience with multiple vulnerability scanning technologies and packages, including a lead role in identifying new tools and techniques. S/he evaluates and assesses existing technical issues by researching and identifying innovative solutions to broad and complex information security challenges. Candidate is responsible for managing components of various projects to completion, consulting with various corporate teams, both within the IT and business environments, to derive information security solutions.
• Assist with vulnerability remediation governance for the organization • Provide guidance to application and system owners on vulnerability remediation requirements • Conduct attack surface research and coordinate with application/system owners and other Cyber Operations teams in response to relevant threat intelligence information • Execute ad-hoc/priority tracking enterprise vulnerability scanning activities across the organization • Provide reporting to executive management on outstanding vulnerabilities and remediation tasks as needed • Provide external audit evidence/support and assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes • Other duties as assigned or requested
Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations provides direction and guidance on reports and analyses and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/business needs and capabilities. Ensures that all significant security concerns are addressed. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
• 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
• Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience utilizing enterprise Vulnerability Scanning/Management solutions
• Experience administering enterprise systems
• Experience utilizing Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions
• Any of the following certifications are a plus: GIAC GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GMON, GCWN, GCUX GPEN, CISSP, OSCP
• Familiarity with application containerization and associated architecture is a plus
• Experience using SQL to perform data queries/analysis is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60569
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1914658