- Analyzes, defines and prioritizes business requirements and functional or operational specifications for moderate to large projects of increasing complexity.
- Provides consultation to all areas of IT and business management for the application of technology to support business opportunities and planning, implementation of cross-functional applications or systems.
- May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project.
- Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes business requirements. Translates into functional design and use case documents.
- Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions.
- Plans and formulates aspects of development proposals including the objective or purpose of projects, existing applications that can be utilized, and equipment and human resource requirements.
- Participates in and provides guidance on development of functional requirements and user documentation.
- Consults internal business groups on requirements, functional architecture and implementation.
- Uses thorough knowledge of business needs to provide design support to software and application development teams.
- Gathers and analyzes information to assist in the development of recommendations to address business objectives that span multiple business and technology areas.
- Works with business and technology teams to implement technology roadmap strategy.
- Trains users on new or enhanced applications and/or systems of moderate complexity.
- Serves as point of contact or subject matter expert for the business on specific systems.
- Provides technical consultation concerning business implications of application development projects.
- Supports testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems and provides guidance to junior team members on case development, requirement traceability analysis, test preparation, script writing, and functional test execution.
- Uses broad knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements and BNY Mellon corporate policies involving risk and control to support the development of improved business processes through technology.
- No direct reports, provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Leads projects and allocates work accordingly.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Technical experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Lothian Region-Edinburgh
Internal Jobcode: 70168
Organization: Program Management-HR07464
Requisition Number: 1914704