Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Passion for technology trends e.g., AI, cloud native, mobility, SPA, Collaboration Tools, microservices, etc
- Proven success in delivering SPA with latest and greatest client framework
- Proven success in building and developing high performing teams, taking ownership of developing others
- An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical manner
- A demonstrated ability to influence across all levels of management (technology and business leaders, alike)
- An ability to identify opportunities to streamline processes and create efficiencies
- Knowledge and experience with the latest versions of Java, Angular, Spring modules, python and/or css/"syntactically awesome stylesheets" (SASS)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1914848