Join a newly formed global team engaged in standardizing and updating standard processes, at BNY Mellon. This is an exciting opportunity to help build and standardize the documentation set for our current practices, as well as documenting our future state as it is being built. You will join a Documentation Practice that is developing and promoting a core set of practices, guides, and tool sets that will be put into use by all writing teams at the Bank of New York Mellon. You’ll work with a team of executives, subject matter experts, and writers to understand our processes, then explain it in user documentation, white papers, knowledgebase articles, and presentations.
You must be exceptionally proficient in English and grammar, deeply technical, able to produce and edit technical documentation according to the Microsoft Manual of Style and have the ability to analyze and interact with software features and deliver a diverse range of technical content in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of, and experience with, DITA standards is a plus.
- Improve the quality and coverage of existing technical documentation by performing technical and editorial revisions for improvements in scope, format, and content.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to industry standards (topic-based, structured, DITA-based authoring) regarding information typing, reusability, and relevance.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and users to deliver accurate, high quality user documentation that creates a delightful user experience. This includes user documentation, product overviews, step-by-step procedures, troubleshooting information, best practices, white papers, and release notes.
Sr. Specialist Technical Writer->> Develops written documentation, user guides, help screens and marketing materials for multifaceted and highly complex technology-based products or services. Works with systems analysts, programmers and engineers to write and edit various documented materials. Writes, edits and modifies systems documentation, user manuals, training courses, technical reports, translates technical data into well thought out, comprehensive documents. Works with user and development areas to collect and understand data and policies. Effectively translates highly complex technical procedures into easily comprehensible documentation. Employing excellent project management skills, orchestrates, coordinates large documentation projects to ensure accuracy, consistency, completeness and delivery within the specified project deadline.Provides consultative assistence, working with internal product managers, subject matter experts, and business units to determine the best materials to effectively enhance the user's experience on the most complex products or services. Enlisting top user experience techniques, demonstrates and incorporates empathetic elements into the user documentation in a continual effort to improve and enhance the user's overall learning experience. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in English or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience systems documentation required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Exceptional English language, writing, grammar, and communication skills
- Strong writing skills with experience in writing and maintaining documentation by following the Microsoft Manual of Style
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and collaboration skills
- Comfort with quickly changing priorities, in a fast-paced development environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with DITA XML standards and tools is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45165
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Office of CIO-HR18027
Requisition Number: 1914880