Global Operations brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. We assist clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets – we are working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. We manage investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
Operations Control Management, as part of the First Line of Defence, supports the overall control and risk framework to ensure that the control culture across all areas of Ops is embedded, sound and meeting client needs. The team consists of c. 180 Control Managers embedded with businesses in over 35 global cities supporting over 18,000 staff members. Businesses within Operations rely on Operations Control Management to conduct independent control and risk assessments; develop standardized controls that represent operating best practices; provide education on controls and emerging risks, and support business development and change.
The Lead Analyst, Control role will be based in the MIS Strategy team and requires strong Business Analytics and reporting skills to support multiple stakeholders across Operations and Control Management areas. The role will involve analysing and “connecting dots” across Risk and Control metrics, producing high quality and effective management reporting as well as participating in various strategic initiatives and delivering innovative solutions to simple and complex challenges.
• Provide support and maintenance to existing management information systems (MIS), as well as further development recommendations in terms of efficiency, quality, integrity and consistency
• Enhance current in- house reporting systems and develop new solutions aiming at optimization and automation
• Proactively perform gap analysis in process and/or data sets, and refine capabilities per strategic priorities
• Perform independent analysis, interpret high volumes of complex data relating to the controls environment (e.g. Audit/Control Testing, Operational Risk Events, KRI Reporting), and provide relevant business commentary
• Work closely with Line Manager, Senior Control Managers and operational groups to provide value added analysis and reporting (e.g. scorecards, dashboards) to management, including Control and Business Executive Management
• Provide strong reporting and analytical support to management team by designing operational performance and risk metrics, staffing forecasting models for executive presentations, status updates, and other reports
• Generate periodic/ad-hoc reports and distribute in accurate and timely manner
• Contribute to the team objectives by supporting high and moderately complex projects and providing insight on interpretation and presentation of data
5+ years of relevant work experience required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
Experienced of Operational Risk Management tools and systems, as well as writing Business Requirements Documents is desirable.
Senior stakeholder management and being able to gather requirements and promote / socialise deliveries
Proficiency in advanced Excel, Access, SQL, VBA, Tableau, SharePoint is desirable.
Candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as solid technical, system and PC skills, including advanced excel skills.
Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, deadline driven environment.
Candidate should be flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Pune
Internal Jobcode: 70321
Organization: CM-Operations Embedded Control-HR16430
Requisition Number: 1914962