Mellon is a global multi-specialist manager dedicated to serving our clients with a full spectrum of single and multi-asset investment strategies and solutions. With roots dating back to 1933, Mellon has been innovating across asset classes for generations and has the combined scale and capabilities to offer clients a broad range of solutions. From asset class expertise to broad market exposures, clients drive what we do. We are holistic in approach, client driven and committed to investment excellence. We aim to be a key partner for our clients by delivering customized investment outcomes and best-in-class service.
The Mellon Global Equity Research team is looking to add a position to our rotational program, to be a part of a group redefining how active equity research is done.
The Mellon Global Equity Research Rotational program provides new employees with the foundation and skills they need to build a career within active equity management. We look primarily for candidates with strong creativity, curiosity, analytical drive, and problem solving skills, looking to apply these skills in answering equity market based questions. While a formal background in finance is not required, passion and a commitment to the industry is a must. The ideal candidate will be able to best combine technical savvy with the analytical prowess to extract the most relevant information from data.
With an emphasis on a diverse background and skill set, the role will entail rotations including but not limited to fundamental analysis, data interpretation and visualization, communications and investigative research. This position requires a high level of intellectual curiosity, the ability to work independently with minimal direction when needed, and to apply newly acquired skills in a dynamic setting. Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively on teams is required. The ideal candidate would be tasked to:
- Develop a strong understanding of quantitative concepts, and the ability to translate these into investment objectives.
- Oversee analytics projects to extract, manage, and analyze data from multiple applications.
- Conduct, plan, gather, and organize research from primary and secondary sources on businesses, markets, themes and investments.
- Organize and analyze researched material after gathering data in order to prepare written reports for the research team.
- Identify and validate new data sources for use in investment processes.
- Perform data analysis and quality assurance on new datasets and translate findings to support decision making.
- The Research Associate will cover a broad range of products, markets, and industries, and themes.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
Upon completion of the two year rotational program, the candidate will have gained a broad analytics and technical skill set across sectors and regions within active equity, establish a firm foundation in data science, and be well positioned for a career in active equity analysis and management.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 1-3 years’ experience, preferably in finance or data analytics
- Strong financial and technical acumen
- Passion for equity investing
- Collaborative and positive attitude
- Willingness to work hard and stay constantly challenged
- Passion to contribute to a team, and innate desire to win
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 80025
Job: Asset Management
Organization: Mellon With TOH ADJ-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1915005