BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. As of June 30, 2019, BNY Mellon had $35.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.8 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.BNY Mellon Marketing
It is an exciting time to join BNY Mellon Marketing. Under the leadership of a new Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing has embarked on a transformation to drive even stronger brand recognition, and increased client loyalty to drive organic growth. We are creating a world-class marketing organization, comprised of new strategies, people, processes and capabilities, integrated to deliver business results. Marketing and Corporate Strategy both report into the Bank’s head of Strategy, and have a close, collaborative partnership to develop and execute the Company’s top growth initiatives.Role description and opportunities
BNY Mellon is seeking an experienced events marketing leader with proven success in creating, managing and executing global events, sponsorships and integrated event marketing programs, while enhancing brand positioning and driving client acquisition, retention and development. This events professional is responsible for the management of highly complex proprietary and third-party event projects with significant scope/breadth across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
This individual will join a global team of seasoned, forward-thinking event professionals. We’re looking for a passionate and strategic leader who will develop and execute event strategies that drive the BNY Mellon brand and support key strategic initiatives and business priorities. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the financial services industry across client segments and expertise in planning and delivering innovative client experiences that raise brand visibility, cultivate relationships and generate revenue growth. This role will provide best-in-class deliverables and results through all stages of the event lifecycle. The role is based in London, with direct reporting into a New York-based manager.Key responsibilities include the following
- Serve as project lead in the planning, management and execution of proprietary and third-party event projects across multiple client segments and mediums with varying degrees of scope and complexity – from intimate client dinners to larger scale seminars and conferences
- Conceptualize, develop and execute integrated event marketing plans and strategies that include program objectives and measurable ROI
- Engage in strategic event planning with key internal stakeholders, including C-level executives, ensuring benchmarks and goals are being met, proactively reporting results and opportunities.
- Structure program content and develop agendas, oversee planning teams, create and manage event marketing and communications
- Continually explore new event and sponsorship opportunities to stay relevant in the marketplace and drive innovation
- Manage a diverse variety of complex business events across the EMEA region, elements of which include agenda development, vendor management, risk management, contract negotiation, expense management, food and beverage management, audio visual management, budget reconciliation, adherence to local and regional procedures, event analysis and measurement
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications
- Proactive self-starter, ability to be a team player, highly-detail oriented and ability to improve and raise the bar on our events
- Event subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of event marketing and sponsorship strategies, and a deep understanding of event management best practices across EMEA region
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry and experience delivering innovative events across multiple client segments
- Experience developing and delivering virtual event strategy
- Demonstrable leadership, strategic and creative thinking skills, effective decision making skills
- Expertise with Cvent and Crowd Compass event technologies
- Superior verbal, presentation and written communications skills required, proficiency in PowerPoint
- Strong collaboration and organization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Ability to rapidly pivot from one project to the next, work well under pressure and manage deadlines
- Ability to travel or work off hours/weekends as needed
- 10+ year proven track record event management, preferably in financial services
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification preferred
- Ability to speak multiple languages preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85423
Organization: IS Other New-HR17164
Requisition Number: 1915304