TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
This team’s responsibilities encompass the operations side of Software Asset Management. As part of a global organization we are responsible for software licensing and compliance. We interact with IT departments and other functions to strengthen processes related to SAM best practices. We play a key role in the Software Asset Lifecycle.
- Identify gaps and lead projects to remediate.
- Responsible for identifying and acting upon cost savings/avoidance opportunities.
- Apply technical background to the Software Asset Management discipline.
- Introduce new ideas and processes to improve performance, productivity or compliance.
- Investigate compliance position for identified software assets.
- Responsible for understanding the various asset inventory and financial tools and the ability to easily extract information from them.
- Onboard and maintain software assets.
- Monitor and action team mailbox.
- Respond to requests from end users, managers, developers and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data.
- Responsible for data gathering and metric reporting.
- Evangelizing Software Asset Management best practices.
Sr. Specialist Business Analysis Consultant->> Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program. Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Functional knowledge of Active Directory.
- Understanding of infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good with numbers with the ability to perform analysis at a detailed level.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of software licenses is preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45169
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1915538