TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place.
As part of TSG, our Production Services team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Their mission is to deliver a full IT service management life-cycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.
The Role We are seeking a Storage Administrator.
- Effective delivery of storage operations, availability, performance
- Ensure that critical KPI's (incident/problem/change/request fulfillment are trending in the right direction)
- Assist in talent recruitment
- Participate in Fed mandated Disaster Recovery tests
- Run critical team meetings
- Drive reporting requirements that lead to effective management of the service
- Continuously looking for opportunity to deliver automated, streamlined solutions.
Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10 - 12 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Knowledgeable on multiple storage platforms (XtremIO / VMAX / VMAX3 / NetApp / Pure / XIV)
- Capable of managing/focusing on delivery of service in a fast paced highly dynamic environment
- Highly organized
- Ability to effectively "frame" issues to suit the audience in which he/she is interacting.
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, work independently
- Detailed, Organized and self-driven
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45196
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1915548