- Manage the team; review their daily task assignments and daily progress against agreed deliverables.
- Core work includes acting as escalation point for both internal and external parties for query and resolution of aged or material reconciliation discrepancies.
- Provide progress update to senior management on team performance highlighting specific areas requiring review, improvement and / or additional training requirements etc.
- Track lifecycle events for complex instruments from initial set up to closeout; taking into account corporate actions, dividend payments and resets.
- Ensure your team investigate and clear outstanding derivative cash breaks on a daily basis. Review cash reconciliations on a regular basis.
- Ensure position, accrual and market value reconciliations to counterparty statements are completed on a timely basis for all complex derivative instruments.
- Ensure timely processing of all Client and Fund Manager Instructions against deadlines adhering to structured business as usual requirements
- Ensure the Trade blotter is validated to ensure all trades by the client are included within the Fund valuation.
- Ensure overall delivery of accurate and timely cash, asset & exchange traded derivative reconciliation services against intraday deadlines.
- Promote good working relations with internal and external clients.
- Manage staff development via 1-2-1s and coaching.
- Adhere to Internal intra-day SLA’s and ensure any progressive impact to the client is minimized.
- Build and maintain relationships with other areas and individuals within the complete process cycle to ensure an efficient operating model for the onward transmission to the users of trade capture data.
- The Manager understands the processes, controls, procedures and systems operating within the team and will be proficient in carrying out designated functions and performs duties to a high standard, ensuring accurate and timely services to other teams and clients.
- Producing MIS, KPI and RAG reporting and delivering of department strategy.
- Strive to improve standards within the team. Adopt questioning approach to current methods and provide viable alternatives where possible.
- Manage the workflow on the team to ensure work is spread evenly and in line with Administrators skill set.
Minimum educational requirements:
- Third level qualification in business related discipline.
- 5 Years + preferably in a Centre of Excellence role
- Good understanding of the different securities available in the market – bonds, equities, derivatives – and market events (e.g. corporate actions) are preferred
- Management Skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong numeracy understanding
- Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Internal Jobcode: 70506
Requisition Number: 1915566