Global Operations brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. We assist clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets – we are working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. We manage investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
Operations Control Management, as part of the First Line of Defence, supports the overall control and risk framework to ensure that the control culture across all areas of Ops is embedded, sound and meeting client needs. The team consists of c. 180 Control Managers embedded with businesses in over 35 global cities supporting over 18,000 staff members. Businesses within Operations rely on Operations Control Management to conduct independent control and risk assessments; develop standardized controls that represent operating best practices; provide education on controls and emerging risks, and support business development and change.
The Specialist, Control role will be based in the MIS Strategy team and requires strong Business Analytics and reporting skills to support multiple stakeholders across Operations and Control Management areas. The role will involve analysing and “connecting dots” across Risk and Control metrics, producing high quality and effective management reporting as well as participating in various strategic initiatives and delivering innovative solutions to simple and complex challenges.
- Identifies, analyzes, monitors and minimizes most complex areas of control testing, control and risk education, and operational and risk support activities to the business and manages projects to adjust or create controls required to meet regulatory and corporate expectations
- Leads the control and risk management testing and reporting including Error / Near Miss analyses. Operating with a high degree of independence, conducts analyses and leads projects to improve internal controls that keep up with regulations and corporate standards
- Ensures that existing control and business recovery practices and procedures are documented
- Works with the business to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk. May help design and deliver risk management training programs to ensure that proper control procedures are understood and followed
- Reviews documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance of control and business recovery procedures.
- Identifies deficiencies in data systems and creates processes to improve defenses
- Assists in analyzing technology and market trends to determine potential resulting risks to the organization and how to address risks across businesses
- May supervise the work of junior control professionals Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
- Supports multiple, complex projects and owns project timelines. Provides input into the development of controls and protocols for the function
- Provide support and maintenance to existing management information systems (MIS), as well as further development recommendations in terms of efficiency, quality, integrity and consistency
- Enhance current in- house reporting systems and develop new solutions aiming at optimization and automation
- Proactively perform gap analysis in process and/or data sets, and refine capabilities per strategic priorities
- Perform independent analysis, interpret high volumes of complex data relating to the controls environment (e.g. Audit/Control Testing, Operational Risk Events, KRI Reporting), and provide relevant business commentary
- Work closely with Line Manager, Senior Control Managers and operational groups to provide value added analysis and reporting (e.g. scorecards, dashboards) to management, including Control and Business Executive Management
- Provide strong reporting and analytical support to management team by designing operational performance and risk metrics, staffing forecasting models for executive presentations, status updates, and other reports
- Generate periodic/ad-hoc reports and distribute in accurate and timely manner
- Contribute to the team objectives by supporting high and moderately complex projects and providing insight on interpretation and presentation of data
- 7+ years of relevant work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred
- Experienced of Operational Risk Management tools and systems, as well as writing Business Requirements Documents is desirable
- Senior stakeholder management and being able to gather requirements and promote / socialise deliveries
- Proficiency in advanced Excel, Access, SQL, VBA, Tableau, SharePoint is desirable
- Candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as solid technical, system and PC skills, including advanced excel skills
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, deadline driven environment
- Candidate should be flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70321
Organization: CM-Operations Embedded Control-HR16430
Requisition Number: 1915653