Global Talent & Development department is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer:
OST (Operations & Shared Technology) is the only department at BYN Mellon which creates solutions that span multiple business lines. With 1600+ people in both hands-on development roles as well as various supporting functions, it is responsible for the banks client and internal portals (Nexen), main data repositories, mainframe legacy, new fully distributed cloud systems as well as being involved in critical projects.
Due to the ever-changing Financial landscape, there is a need to rapidly pivot and deliver projects/solutions to clients which is why OST has decided to create a new project type primarily responsible focused on delivery leveraging best of breed approaches, tools and techniques.
Integrated Delivery Team Model or how we work?
- Team will be involved in the delivery of new solutions/systems (green field development) identified by business clients (across all departments) as critical. High impact delivery in fixed timeframe.
- Operating as a “feature team”, all responsibilities fall within the team to deliver front-to-back solutions with external assistance provided when delivery obstacles are encountered.
- We promote and utilize an Agile SCRUM framework to allow for incremental development of new components, systems.
- The team is focused on delivering, embracing feedback from our customers at all stages of the process and looking to review working practices on a regular basis to utilize best in class standards and software toolsets.
- Collaboration with other teams and continuous learning critical part of the team’s culture.
- We deliver solutions following the Microservices architecture principles
- We strive for excellence in order to deliver best quality products (DoD, code reviews, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
Who are we looking for?
A passionate Java developer with strong people and problem-solving skills, flexible, yet independent team player who is comfortable leaving their comfort zone to build new proof-of-concepts and think creatively An inquisitive and analytical mindset, with the ability to articulate complex technical problems in a concise and clear manner An enthusiast for cloud-based solutions and architectures
What will you do?
Create and enhance Microservices and Widgets running on internal cloud (docker based)
QualificationsTech stack and Tools: Frontend: Angular 6, Bootstrap, Angular Material, Selenium Backend: Java (1.8), Spring, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Deployment: private cloud infrastructure (VMs or containers), Docker, Jenkins, Sonar Code Repository: GitLab Development and knowledge base: IntelliJ, JIRA, Confluence, Scrum
- Highly desirable if you have at least 6 years of exposure to working with Java and Spring (Spring Boot)
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and express basic concepts in English.
- Open mind and willingness to continuously improve and learn other frameworks, languages.
- Team player attitude willing to help team members with ad-hoc work as and when required.
- No prior business knowledge is required. Direct communication with stakeholders, business clients is encouraged and used as learning tool.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement: Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom, Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60172
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1915659