Based in Manchester, the Pershing Client Cash Team is responsible for all payment and receipts for underlying investors of Pershing Wealth clients where settlement takes place on a non DVP basis. Team Lead will be expected to supervise all aspects of setting up and managing cash payments & transfers including associated client queries and resolution of issues with the banks used to process payments. Will be expected to act as Technical Specialist for the Team developing and demonstrating an extensive knowledge of product, process & regulatory requirements with a thorough understanding of firm policies, using these skill to enhance the cash Function.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the processing of inward and outward payments on an accurate and timely basis
- Monitor client Bank accounts for all currencies. Unapplied Funds processing & Reconciliation of incoming funds to client accounts. Supporting improvement in rates of STP
- Checking and authorising client payments via SWIFT, CHAPS, BACS and cheques from the overnight processing and same day requests.
- Review & approve manual foreign payments for clients / market makers via SWIFT or TT.
- Review and signoff on outstanding Debits report
- Cash SME and lead on relevant projects including the Global Business Platform
- Direct Debit processing – overall supervision of this activity across all client types
- Ensure that all Client queries are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop & maintain positive working relationships with all clients & business units.
- Production of daily End of Day checklist. All daily Client deliverables are understood by all staff within team and each team member is completing Daily Control Function checklist.
- Ensure procedures and control models are continuously reviewed and kept up to date.
- Compliance with relevant FCA, JFSC & CBI regulations
- To ensure adherence to regulatory regime relating to client assets under FCA, CBI & JFSC regulations where applicable
- Leads the day-to-day activities and initiatives of the team. Develops and schedules appropriate level of staff.
- Directs staff, maximizing their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Provides support to business and technology managers; handles complex client inquiries and requests.
- Monitors account work flows and processing issues to identify systematic patterns which may require adjustment to policies and procedures. Provides support, consulting and problem resolution activities.
- Trains staff in technical tools and skills as well as specific internal or external client support activities to maximize their contribution to the team and ensure compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
- Leads a small client processing team. May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions.
- Supports the achievement of team objectives
- Management of any other processes that may be required with growth in client base or changes to operating model
Required Skills and Attributes
- Proven strong supervisory experience within a cash processing environment
- Technical and functional knowledge as required for the role; including having a working knowledge of banking software/SWIFT and proficient in the use of Microsoft office products
- Detailed knowledge and experience of payment methods including Swift, BACS and CHAPS
- Understanding of the industry from a regulatory and operational perspective;
- A working knowledge of the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), and the Central Bank of Ireland (“CBI”) and the Jersey Financial Services Commission (“JFSC”) rules and regulations, as well as up to date knowledge of market practices and Exchange rules.
- A good understanding of Risk framework and control model requirements
- Experience of identifying and implementing successful process change
Shared Values and Core Competencies (required for all roles).
Client Focus: Putting the client at the centre of all that we do
Integrity: Acting with the highest ethical standards for our company, our employees and our clients
- Teamwork: Fostering collaboration and diversity to empower employees to build relationships and deliver insights
- Excellence: Setting the standard for leading-edge solutions, innovation and continuous improvement
- Enhancing Organizational Talent
- Embracing Change
- Client Orientation
- Developing Partnerships
- Driving For Results
- Decision Making
- Global Awareness
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 09305
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1915819